DP301 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MarkG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
I was wishing to just buy a used DP301 on EBAY to use in my RV camper parked at a campground in Madison Wisconsin. I am surrounded by trees,and probably couldnt get a signal,so my neighbor on the site next to me who already has a dishnet dish and splitter has offered to just let me hook up to his dish since its already there and I pay my own fees. He told me a used dp301 would be a good simple basic receiver. But on ebay I see many different ones. Some have yellow cards,some blue,some are referred to as REG 010,or REG 013. Some with MPEG,some with JTAG .Whats the difference in these,and can someone tell me what I need to get basic service and the recently available Madison local stations. He has a new style oval dish which he seemed to believe was needed to get these,since they replaced his 18" with it but not his receiver,when the locals became available. Which model DP301 and card do I need? Or will any of them work? Would like to keep cost to minumum,but see a wide range of prices for these 301s.

A 301 is a 301 there is no difference. But I would get the latest card which is the yellow one. You should be able to get a new one from ebay for a cheap price.

But I would recommend a 301 from the Dishstore.net , they are new and come with the factory warranty.

Now I see on a different forum that the REG 010 and 013 has to do with what model Dish antenna they will work with..but couldnt give me specifics. Any better info here?

All that jtag, card, reciever versions are for hackers info. Needless to say Dish keeps working on the recievers to make them harder and harder to hack, so people post what they have so hackers know. Since you are a legit sub, I would look at a new one either on ebay or http://www.dishstore.net and not go for the overpriced hacker versions. Dishstore has a 311 for $99 I see, the 311 is the newer model of the 301.

Both the 301.010 and 301.013 will work with either the newer dish pro or older legacy versions of LNB's ("antennas"). Like it says above, the main differences are in the internal parts, which is not important for legit subscriptions.

Any of 301.010, 301.013, and 311 will work equally well. Go with the least expensive one.

If you go the ebay route, target the auctions where the seller says "never tampered with" or "recently deactivated". If they mention any hacker info (jtag, open card, etc.) then the seller is likely trying to market to the hacker, meaning that the system will likely go for an amount beyond the market value of a system that will be subscribed. Also, a buyer selling a receiver that is intended to be sold to a legit subscriber should have no problem giving you the IRD # and smart card number so you can verify that the receiver can be subbed and that there is no balance owing with Dish.

Well,since I originally posted,I have done much Ebay surfing,and seems that outstanding balances and card/receiver mismatches are the rule of thumb for most everything in the price I was hoping to pay. Dish also tells me that the built in card on a 311 is no gaurantee they cant be tampered with. Think I will take some earlier advice and just go with a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)