DP34 for 77,110,119

tetercreekcouple

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
WV 26250
Can I use a DP 34 to combine the signals from a dish 500 and a single dish set up for 77? Distance is too great to run the 77 dish to the 500. However both are close enough to my receiver if I can use the DP 34. Will it work? I have a VIP 211K receiver.

you can use a DP34 switch (or a DPP44+ or DPP33) to run any of Dish's orbial slots through it.

But can I ask why 77? If you have Clarksburg, WV loclas they are on 129W (I guess you are a "mover" ;)

Nope not after HD. Just some locals. My 77 dish setup works great. Good signal and the locals are there that I was looking for. I just wasn't sure about the switch. Scubasteve said to use a DP and not a DPP. Is that what I need to do?

Iceberg, I don't know much as you can probably tell. If I change to a DP twin, will I need to run two cables from the twin to the DP34? And if I find out the distance is not too great can I run the 77 thru a DP Plus instead? I currently have the DP Plus on my 500 dish.

If you have fewer than 3 receivers, you can dispense with the switch and simply run your dual into your DPP twin and you're done.

How far is the 77 dish from the other Dish 500? I think Dish only approves 80ft, but I'm aware of several cases where the distance is well over 100ft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)