Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hey People,

Can DP34s be used for true FTA? Can they be combined to add more sats and not just receivers? If someone knows of a good post - thanks.

yes they can be used. The LNB's need to be bandstacked (like old LNB"s from a Superdish) but they have been used before.

I know there have been some threads on it but I personally have tried it and had it work

I used a
C-Band (Eagle Aspen bandstacked)
KU band stacked (Sadoun LNB)
DBS bandstacked (dishpro single LNB)

We've discussed it before, and I remember making some suggestions.
Maybe use Advanced Search, for something posted by Anole, with the key word DP34 in it.
Oh, and confine that search to FTA Forum only!

I came up with a simple way to expand to 6 inputs, but don't remember if I posted a diagram or not.
Intermixing 'em with regular hardware and switches is not an idea I'd be interested in helping with, however.
For a small network with 3 (maybe 6) bandstacked LNBs, and 3 (maybe 4) receivers, it could be okay.
The DP34's are certainly bullet-proof, when used as intended! :)

You don't need bandstacked lnb's for a 1 receiver setup, it will work fine as a 3 input disecq switch with gain.

That being said, it is a power hog, your receiver will run hot.

If you power it (on port 1) with a dc supply (18Vdc) then you need bandstacked lnb's. Then you can run 3 receivers off of it. Tell your receiver to scan V only for each port.

With an ECODA 22 khz switch or a sw21 you can use two DP34's for 6 inputs, lnb's should be all bandstacked, and the switches powered.

I use them and EMP-Centauri switches in my array, DP34's are built like tanks and are dirt cheap (free). The EMP 8x1 is a cool switch for all those sats with only 1 or 2 channels, get 'em all on 1 receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts