dp34 switch and dishpro quad lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

taylorm

Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Does it matter which port of the quad lnb that you connect to the DP34 switch? I am trying to get a 3rd receiver working. Without the switch, i can get both 110& 119. With it, I can only get 110.

Thanks.

taylorm said:
Does it matter which port of the quad lnb that you connect to the DP34 switch? I am trying to get a 3rd receiver working. Without the switch, i can get both 110& 119. With it, I can only get 110.

Thanks.

you do not need quad with 34sw 34 is designed to work with dp twin. I and my techs failed on many attempts with that configuration dp is dual function the lmbf will talk with switch and so on \\ Get a dp twin

taylorm said:

Thanks.

If the switch is working properly, then it does not matter what port you use - but you must have a receiver connected to the first port since that receiver powers the switch.

it does make a difference, i've run into that trouble before. If i remember correctly, the dp 34 is connected to the left-most ports of the quad, labelled 119 on the plastic yoke. the other receivers can run off of ports 3 and 4 of the quad. the first time i tried it i used opposit ports on the quad, 1 and 4, as if i was connecting to a twin, but it wouldn't work right.

correct.
Whenever connecting a Quad to a switch, you must use 1 of the pairs of outputs. Either ports 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. The DP-34 manual even mentions this point.
The reason is, because prior to a switch test being performed and activating the built in switch, the outputs are as follow:
Output 1 - 119
Output 2 - 110
Output 3 - 119
Output 4 - 110
When the outputs are sent to a switch, the switch only uses the default satellite from the output, not both, since it does it's own switching.
Therefore to have both satellites at the switch, you need a pair. 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. Of course 1 & 4 or 2 & 3 could possibly work, but I don't think I've ever seen them used like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts