dp34 switch box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dirtracer9

Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
i am having a problem with my switch box. i can get great, almost perfect signal on the 119 sat. when i try to hook up any of the other coax to the switch box all signal goes away. my problem started sunday morning. i went to bed saturday night and got up sunday morning and had no signal at all. i have changed switch boxes and re aimed my dish and i have run the check switch at least 50 times and nothing seems to help. if i leave the other 2 lnb unhooked i can at least watch some of my channels at the moment. i am about ready to pull my hair out

Bad LNB's, bad switch, or bad cables. You can sequentially hook a receiver up to each LNB, bypassing the switch, and perhaps tease out what exactly died on you. It strains credulity to think that two separate cables or two separate LNBs went bad simultaneously. The death of the DP34 seems more likely. But once you start swapping cables around, you can sometimes get confused. ;) Good luck!

i have tried 2 different switch boxes with the same result, is it possible to try to run the check switch with just 1 lnb hooked up at a time?

Tell us what your grounding situation looks like. Where are your ground blocks? How many dishes? Is everything grounded to the same point such as the house's power ground? You can try unhooking your satellite ground to see if its some kind of strange voltage issue.

i checked out the lnbs 1 at a time and found no signal on the 105w. i have replaced it and have good signal now. i need to reset my receiver back to square one to go through installation process. as it stands now , i can hook the 105w up to the switch box and signal is great but the second i touch any other coax to the sitch box all signal dissappears. i have about 6 switch boxes that i have borrowd from the local dish installer they are not new but he said they were all working. i get the same thing from every switch box. i can run the check switch until the cows come home and i get the same result every time. i have read some where here that sometimes you have to run the check switch several times to "wake up" the switch box? what does that mean? as for the ground i have the box grounded to a ground wire that goes directly to my house ground

i have been meaning to come back and update my post. i finally traced the problem down to the dish pro adapter i have so i can get local channels with the super dish. i went and found a new one and hooked it up and all is well with the world. i didnt look at it first because it was putting out the specified voltage but out power went out again during a storm and then nothing would work again until i completely bypassed the adapter. and had signal again now if i ever have the same problem again that is what i am going to look at first
thanks for everybody that replied and gave me ideas and advice:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)