DP44 Hopper and VIP 211K

blustrong92

Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Indiana
Hello,

I have the Hopper with Sling and a DP44 switch, my parents come over and stay with me sometimes and they bring their VIP 211K receiver (International Channels) that is on their account and I tried to connect it before and it worked fine. My question is that I connected the VIP 211K to my TV and it works fine and the programming is working. But now my hopper is saying that my Tuner 3 is an issue and a lot of my channels do not come in HD like before. I just replaced a my DP44 with a brand new one a few months ago, and I use the power inverter adapter for my hopper.

Please help.

Thank You,

S

Is the power inserter for the DPP44 on DPP44 output #1? The two outputs to the Hopper node are supposed to go on any other DPP44 output port but #1.

The cable coming in the house that goes to the inverter, and the cable that goes from the DP44 inverter is plugged in to the hopper. and it is port 1 on the DP44 switch.

The cable coming in the house that goes to the inverter, and the cable that goes from the DP44 inverter is plugged in to the hopper. and it is port 1 on the DP44 switch.

That's the problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Here's a diagram of how it should be.

Instead of a Duo Node you should use a Solo Node which only needs two feeds from the DPP44. The 211 would then go on port 4 of the DPP44.

Attachments

• image-1911770015.jpg
    image-1911770015.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 856
photo_1.JPGphoto_2.JPGphoto_3.JPG

This is what I have it set up as, I am assuming that there should be 2 cables going from the DP44 to the Single Node and the cable going from the Node should go to the Hopper and the cable going from DP44 should go to VIP 211k.

Ok guys so I am getting HD on the VIP 211k, but I am only get SD and a few HD on the Hopper. When I did "check switch" on the hopper I am getting Satellites 119, 110, and 118. I am not getting 121 or 129 which I am guessing is for HD. I am doing everything that the diagram has but how do I get 121 and or 129 for my HD on the hopper.

IMG_2072-1.JPG

Thank You,

S

You need to figure out which sats are on which cables. If you want 110/118.7/119/129 then you will need four lines from the dish to the DPP44. 119 goes on port 1, 110 goes on port 2, 129 goes on port 3, 118.7 goes on port 4. Also, do you have the power inserted on port 1 of the receiver ports?

If the 211 can see all the sats you want, and yet the Hopper cannot see 129, I'd say there's something wrong with that solo node.

Your 129 LNB doesn't have a cable ran to the switch, that's the problem.

If you only have one Hopper and a 211 then you don't even need the DPP44. Just run two of the satellite lines to the Solo Node and the other to the 211.

Your 129 LNB doesn't have a cable ran to the switch, that's the problem.

If you only have one Hopper and a 211 then you don't even need the DPP44. Just run two of the satellite lines to the Solo Node and the other to the 211.

This! He beat me to it. I read this posy earlier and was going to reply ASAP.

BTW pls note it's DPP44 not DP44. DPP and DP are different technologies and there is no DP44.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

BTW pls note it's DPP44 not DP44. DPP and DP are different technologies and there is no DP44.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

DPP44 might be the proper name but saying it out loud is annoying compared to just saying DP44

Put 119 on port 1, 110 on port 2, 129 on port 3, 118.7 on port 4.

Receiver port 1 of the DPP44 needs the power inserter, Solo Node on ports 2 and 3. The 211 can either go on the passthru on the power inserter or port 4 of the DPP44.

Hopper goes on the HOST port of the Solo Node.