DPH 42.

OK, but something that's confusing on large picture with the "long coax or multiple ho's" in SS's link...there appear to be 4 coax runs from the dish, (into the Sonora box) but the sign for the dish says "DISH PP Hybrid LNBF". Where are they getting (4) feeds out of a DPPH LNB...when they only have 2 outputs???
Thats a good question, But it serves 4 orbital locations.
They should have shown us whats hooked up dish wise.

But also there is no Hybrid that does 4 orbital locations.
But who's to say multiple dishes aren't connected.
EA requires a wing now.
It doesn't say all 4 slots has to be filled either.

You can have a DPP 44 with one orbital location.
I think they are just trying to show you the max of what this switch can do.

And if you have a 500 plus dish, there is no LNB called a hybrid that does the 118.
So my assumption is they are implying that they are using a 500+.

There is no such thing as a DPPH.
Maybe thats their way of saying both are compatible considering the PDF shows DPP LNBs.

Plus if the Hybrid LNBs can do both DPH and DPP why couldn't this DPH42.
But it seems to me you need that amp for every Dual H3 install.
And what does that cost.

Last edited:
For those of us with 4K Joeys with no Netflix and no PIP, will we be able to replace the 4K joey with a 2nd H3 to get that missing functionality?

Reactions: Riah
I wonder if you'll be able to "cross the streams" with a DPH42 and Hopper 3s like you could with Solo & Duo Nodes in order to get more tuners on a single Hopper 1/2 network . . .

eight_hoppers_single_network720dpi.jpg

DPH42 Crossing the Streams . . .

dph42-crossingthestreams.jpg

For those of us with 4K Joeys with no Netflix and no PIP, will we be able to replace the 4K joey with a 2nd H3 to get that missing functionality?
A 2nd Hopper won't give you 4K capability so why go that route ? The 4K Joey will get Netflix. Not sure about PIP though....

Well IMO i certainly wouldn't spend $250 on another Hopper 3 Plus $8 addtional a month over a Joey, just for netflix.
You can buy a Roku stick for $50.

I wonder if you'll be able to "cross the streams" with a DPH42 and Hopper 3s like you could with Solo & Duo Nodes in order to get more tuners on a single Hopper 1/2 network . . .

What does this accomplish?
Its already fully integrated.

Just curious.

So both Hopper 3s see all 32 tuners and recordings?
Thats the point of the DPH42.
At least thats what customers want.
But I see a lot of contradiction in that review.

I see one example, stating all joeys can view both of the H3s content.
In another sentence it claims each Hopper3 forms its own Moca network.

So obviously still many questions.
I mean obviously we would want full integration.
Pointless to the customer otherwise.
I've not seen the Duo Hub yet being used with the DPH42.
I wonder if thats something that is yet to be examined.

You can have 2 Hoppper 3s right now with 2 seperate dishes.
So that Switch better have full integration.

Thats the point of the DPH42. At least thats what customers want. But I see a lot of contradiction in that review. I see one example, stating all joeys can view both of the H3s content. In another sentence it claims each Hopper3 forms its own Moca network.
So that Switch better have full integration.
We'll see. But I think it's just a way to get multiple Hopper 3s on the same dish and each Hopper 3 will have its own MoCA network.

I mean obviously we would want full integration. You can have 2 Hopper 3s right now with 2 seperate dishes. Pointless to the customer otherwise.
Getting two Hopper 3s on a single dish is a big deal for some of us -- even w/o full integration -- because you'll have redundancy with two Hoppers (one dies, the other one still works).

They can't use each other's tuners but they can share recordings and Joeys. I don't know if the switch accomplishes that but the hubs can be connected.
Thats okay though IMO
Shared recordings is what is important.
I don't think many people would care about setting a recording from one Hopper to the other with 16 tuners each.

I imagine you could always relink a Joey to either hopper if ones dies.

Thats okay though IMO
Shared recordings is what is important.
I don't think many people would care about setting a recording from one Hopper to the other with 16 tuners each.

I imagine you could always relink a Joey to either hopper if ones dies.

Agreed. IMHO that's all the integration that's necessary. And the redundancy of having 2 H3's in case 1 goes down or messes something up is very nice.

Reactions: charlesrshell

8 Hopper 2s.
Thats $96 in fees alone.

I have to ask is that really practical?
Lol.

I could see maybe for some kind of commercial setup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using the SatelliteGuys App!
As a commercial owner with 50 tvs, this is no where near practical as a commercial setup.

Dish has other commercial equipment to use than multiple DPP44s and that many hoppers.
I thought it was called a Smart Box.
I had a quote from them last year.

But they wanted too much money to install it.
So we went with Directv,
But I've been informed Directv Is charging us now $175 a month more come January.
Yeah BYE BYE...

The DPH42 is about making it economical for Dish to have multiple H3 installs and looking at 4 sats in ONE or multiple H3 installs. The savings is that the DPH42 can accomodate 4 sats to multiple H3's using a SINGLE refelctor and the existing DPP LNBF's, with the Hybrid LNBF not being necessary. Now that makes a 4 sat multiple H3 install "Charlie Cheap" to acheive.

So far, people looking at 4 sats have been DENIED any H3 install because of "low beam" and other BS (although one CSR did cop to the cost and coming tech that would make it a reality). Those looking at only 3 sats but wanting MORE than ONE H3 have been told "NO! Only ONE H3". Once the DPH42 is available, the "low beam" problem will magically dissappear and those with 4 sats and for those with wanting more than one H3 will be told "SURE! Let's set up an installation date."

The DPH42 is about making it economical for Dish to have multiple H3 installs and looking at 4 sats in ONE or multiple H3 installs. The savings is that the DPH42 can accomodate 4 sats to multiple H3's using a SINGLE refelctor and the existing DPP LNBF's, with the Hybrid LNBF not being necessary. Now that makes a 4 sat multiple H3 install "Charlie Cheap" to acheive.

So far, people looking at 4 sats have been DENIED any H3 install because of "low beam" and other BS (although one CSR did cop to the cost and coming tech that would make it a reality). Those looking at only 3 sats but wanting MORE than ONE H3 have been told "NO! Only ONE H3". Once the DPH42 is available, the "low beam" problem will magically dissappear and those with 4 sats and for those with wanting more than one H3 will be told "SURE! Let's set up an installation date."
But there is no point in having 2 Hoppers if they can't interact with each other.
So whether Charlie is cheap or not, has nothing to do with having 2 Hoppers .

They currently have no plan for H3 Internationals, So again apparently they needed some kind of solution.

Most people and I mean like 98% of customers probably don't need 32 tuners, or 8 rooms of service at their residential homes.

Most people and I mean like 98% of customers probably don't need 32 tuners, or 8 rooms of service at their residential homes.
What? Isn't that a completely normal setup? I mean, I HAVE to have Dish service on the TV in my bathroom, the TV in my laundry room, and the TVs in our two guest bedrooms that get used two times a year.

What? Isn't that a completely normal setup? I mean, I HAVE to have Dish service on the TV in my bathroom, the TV in my laundry room, and the TVs in our two guest bedrooms that get used two times a year.

Besides the bathrooms, garage and everywhere else I've got one in my closet too. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)