DPH 42.

But there is no point in having 2 Hoppers if they can't interact with each other.

Not that I fall into either camp, but there's a bunch of people who tout having a pair of them for redundancy (in case of failure) and another camp who preaches the gospel of having his & hers Hoppers to keep recordings separate. Neither of those scenarios really require having them interact with each other.

Not that I fall into either camp, but there's a bunch of people who tout having a pair of them for redundancy (in case of failure) and another camp who preaches the gospel of having his & hers Hoppers to keep recordings separate. Neither of those scenarios really require having them interact with each other.
Thats even more rare than the other 2% that even want 2 Hopper 3s to begin with .

Well I'm in the his and hers camp. Our Hopper 3's are installed with two hybrid dishes, one for each Hopper. I have also connected the Ethernet ports on each to the router. Both Hoppers can access the other one and all programs on the other DVR.

I thought the 2 H3s with DPH42 will be like the 2 H1s and H2s systems. Each Joey can select which H3 to see and each H3 can see the recordings on the other H3. You just cannot set recordings on the other H3. If that is true I would switch out my 4K Joey to get PIP , Netflix and other Apps just available on the H3. It would also allow me to have 6 EHDs . I use to have 4 active with my 2 H2 system. Until Dish allows folders on EHD , multiple EHDs is the only way to save programs by person/ category.

It does,
But clearly that isn't a problem with TechWriter setup.

And something tells me he's not dropping/selling all those Hoppers for Just 2 H3s.

He's a full time RV'er, I wouldn't think he'd want to carry a separate dish to accommodate a different tuner for backup. But, maybe.

It does,
But clearly that isn't a problem with TechWriter setup.

And something tells me he's not dropping/selling all those Hoppers for Just 2 H3s. Did you see his Tech sheet?
If you’re referring to all those Hoppers in the post #23 diagram, that isn’t my setup. The diagram just shows the theoretical max size of a Hopper 1 or 2 network.

This is my Hopper 3 RV setup — https://rvseniormoments.files.wordp...-setup_hopper_one_hopper3_01_30_2016_reva.jpg

He's a full time RV'er, I wouldn't think he'd want to carry a separate dish to accommodate a different tuner for backup.
Bingo!

But there is no point in having 2 Hoppers if they can't interact with each other.
So whether Charlie is cheap or not, has nothing to do with having 2 Hoppers .

They currently have no plan for H3 Internationals, So again apparently they needed some kind of solution.

Most people and I mean like 98% of customers probably don't need 32 tuners, or 8 rooms of service at their residential homes.
Don't forget that many households (and posters on this forum) don't care for accessing the other H3, but do want other household members to have their OWN H3 so others don't have to deal with loads of timers and recordings to find what they want, as in the kids get their OWN H3 and parents get their own so neither have to deal with each others timers or recordings. That is our set-up and why TWO H3's (currently two HWS's) are a necessity: Total seperation of recordings and experience. Our combined recordings across our two HWS's would exceed the 2TB of capacity for a single HWS.

The DPH42 is the "internationals solution" for the H3 that will integrate 4 sats (110, 119, 129, and Internationals at 118) and multiple H3's on one account using a SINGLE reflector with no need for Hybrid LNBF. Today, such an install would require TWO reflectors to accomodate ONE H3 (one reflector for core services and one for Internatioals at 118), and a second H3 would need its own pair of relflectors (total of 4 reflectors to see 4 sats for TWO H3's), and that is costly to Dish, multiplied by many, many such installs.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The DPH42 is the "internationals solution" for the H3 that will integrate 4 sats (110, 119, 129, and Internationals at 118) and multiple H3's on one account using a SINGLE reflector with no need for Hybrid LNBF.
Now THIS is music to my ears! So the Hybrid LNBF is a temp H3 "fix" until the DPH42 is released?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don't forget that many households (and posters on this forum) don't care for accessing the other H3, but do want other household members to have their OWN H3 so others don't have to deal with loads of timers and recordings to find what they want, as in the kids get their OWN H3 and parents get their own so neither have to deal with each others timers or recordings. That is our set-up and why TWO H3's (currently two HWS's) are a necessity: Total seperation of recordings and experience. Our combined recordings across our two HWS's would exceed the 2TB of capacity for a single HWS.

The DPH42 is the "internationals solution" for the H3 that will integrate 4 sats (110, 119, 129, and Internationals at 118) and multiple H3's on one account using a SINGLE reflector with no need for Hybrid LNBF. Today, such an install would require TWO reflectors to accomodate ONE H3 (one reflector for core services and one for Internatioals at 118), and a second H3 would need its own pair of relflectors (total of 4 reflectors to see 4 sats for TWO H3's), and that is costly to Dish, multiplied by many, many such installs.
COST of dishes has nothing to do with it, a DPH42 will cost a lot more than four dishes would and you should know that.
Switches are expensive, dishes are cheap.

It's really about time you quit spreading the cost bull excrement as an excuse.

No. The hybrid is the best and proper option for probably 95+% of H3 installs.

DPH42 opens up the H3 to those last few odd but lucrative accounts - multi-H3s, internationals, multi-tenant, etc.
95+% is extremely kind.

Normal people and Normal Customers don't need to keep a spare Hopper or have 32 tuners on 2 separate networks because they can't share their Hardrive with the same people they live with.
Seriously people create a folder then, or get divorced.
Because if something as small as a shared playlist bothers you, than your marriage must have a way larger issue.

Now , The switch serves many purposes.
Obviously Internationals is more of a factor than 2 Hoppers for a family of 7 or less people.

Certainly the single guy that just wants 2 Hoppers is probably less than 100 people lol.

As far as Cost goes, you can bet your bottom dollar this switch is going to be far more than a complete Hybrid dish setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)