DPH42 available in PR

I have had two Hopper 3's installed for over two months now. Not using the DPH42 but installing two hybrid dish. One for each Hopper.

I have had two Hopper 3's installed for over two months now. Not using the DPH42 but installing two hybrid dish. One for each Hopper.
Great, but here in Puerto Rico Dish was not installing Hopper 3's because our antenna is not a 1000.2 antenna, it is a special one for these latitudes. So they needed this DPH42 for it to work and as a result of using this switch they can install two Hoppers 3's with only one dish.

Great, but here in Puerto Rico Dish was not installing Hopper 3's because our antenna is not a 1000.2 antenna, it is a special one for these latitudes. So they needed this DPH42 for it to work and as a result of using this switch they can install two Hoppers 3's with only one dish.

Kool.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I'm in Illinois, from PR. I have 3 old DTV antennas here with DPP LNBF's. I have 2 set on EA waiting for DPH42 to be available here. What LNBF's are being used on your install? Did they use you old PR 2 LNBF antenna?

Well, I guess it is time for someone to ask the question. Does anyone know what is going on with the DPH42 switch? DIRT members, can you provide some kind of info for us? There are several of us waiting for the new switch.

Reactions: Troch77
Considering it was demonstrated and working/functioning at a show late last year(protypes, indeed), and in actual use in PR, I don't know if that really qualifies as "vaporware." I think it would most definatley qualifies as a Dish product coming "SOON" to the USA:). Obviously, PR is a test market before they dare install them here. I suspect it would only be a few months before we seen them here? I HOPE!

Reactions: charlesrshell
And Dish has STOPPED approving such 2 relfector installs for the H3 a long time ago because it would require the additonal cost and compications of 2 seperate reflector and supporting equip for each H3. In addition, if one needs to look at a 4th sat, then that requires a seperate wing dish for EACH H3, so that makes a grand total of FOUR reflectors to support TWO H3's that also look at the 4th satellite. It does cost Dish more $$$ for that additional reflector(s) and supporting equipment, and Charlie don't like extra costs.

Dish's policy for quite some time now is to say, "NO" to any multiple H3 installs UNLESS the customer agrees to have a seperate account for each H3, and that has been the only way Dish has allowed activation for more than one H3 for many, many months if over a year. The forthcoming DPH42 will allow ALL of us in the USA to have multiple H3 installations with at least TWO H3's requring only ONE dish AND the support of the 4th satellite using that one reflector.

The DPH42 does NOT require the hybrid LNBF, but instead can use existing DPP LNBF's such as those already installed with a single refelctor looking at all 4 sats. This makes for an economical way to accomodate both TWO H3's and the 4 sat using one reflector or what is currently mounted on a home today. In other words, no change required at the mounts in many cases, just a change out of switches, or nodes if a Hopper or HWS and perhaps a little rewiring. This is the economies Charlie has been waiting for! :). And faster, easier install.

I am waiting on the DPH42 myself. My current single reflector 4 sat mount has everything the DPH42 needs to support TWO H3's. Let's hope the wait isn't too long.

Answered.

I was really hoping for the release to be before I started traveling for the summer. A Winegard Trav'ler with a DPH Hybrid LNBF doesn't seek well.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)