DPH42 available in PR

The timing makes sense in that Dish will have months of real world data for the switch in PR, and it gives Dish something of great of internest to dealers to crow about and show off. I would HOPE the DPH42 is available a week or so after Team Summit, but I would not be surprised if it was not released until June of soon after. I hope we will be waiting no more than a few months from now. We are having to do with drips of info on this switch. I guesss better than no info at all.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My concern is that the hardware function which probably is working, and I could use, is being held back pending the software to allow interoperability between two Hopper 3s because the minute the DPH42 is released, that will be the scream, "when can I operate both Hoppers'?" That is what happened when two Hoppers were allowed. After all the squawking that happened with two Hoppers, I can see Dish waiting on two Hopper 3s.

allow interoperability between two Hopper 3s

Actually, best I recall, the few on the board who have been allowed multiple H3s (with multiple dishes) have reported that their H3s could already see and play recordings from each other. I can't imagine there ever being much further interop between two H3s than that. Given that many tuners, hard to justify the need for load balancing of timers like the original Hoppers could do.

I'm trying to buy in PR and have it shipped. tried the PR retailer, but they send my call to the US because I don't have an account there. My Daughter is looking for an independent installer to purchase. What about using a HYBRID DUO HUB? Can't you bring in 2 separate inputs? .

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)