DPH42 to run 4 Wallys

rip77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2021
United States
Hello, I'm wondering if I'm correct in my understanding so if someone could confirm or correct me I would appreciate it. I have a job later today in which I am adding a 4th Wally and will need to use a DPH42 switch to do this. Would I run 2 lines from Hybrid LNB directly to the hybrid ports on the switch, then on the other side have each port run a line to each individual Wally, one having a power inserter on it? I would just like to verify before I get to this job, any help is appreciated.

Nevermind, pretty sure it won't work like this. I can't get a DPP44 switch, so would I be able to hook these all up with a channel stacker?

You would do better to ask these questions in The Pro Zone which is a forum for installers. I'm not sure how you gain access to it but that is where these questions belong.

You would do better to ask these questions in The Pro Zone which is a forum for installers. I'm not sure how you gain access to it but that is where these questions belong.
I'm curious to learn the answer. At one time when the Wally was only single-tuner, rumor had it that you could install 32 on one hybrid LNB! But as I understand it now, it hooks up to a regular DPP lead which means that a DPP44 should do the trick. But the OP can't get ahold of one of those (why?) so I don't know what way forward he might have. A dpp33 might work except it has only 3 outputs and no passthrough. Plus they're even more rare than a DPP44 so the OP's situation seems hopeless. This is why I'm curious to know the answer. If this thread disappears into the Pro Zone, then I might never see it.

I'm curious to learn the answer. At one time when the Wally was only single-tuner, rumor had it that you could install 32 on one hybrid LNB! But as I understand it now, it hooks up to a regular DPP lead which means that a DPP44 should do the trick. But the OP can't get ahold of one of those (why?) so I don't know what way forward he might have. A dpp33 might work except it has only 3 outputs and no passthrough. Plus they're even more rare than a DPP44 so the OP's situation seems hopeless. This is why I'm curious to know the answer. If this thread disappears into the Pro Zone, then I might never see it.
For some reason my warehouse does not contain any DPP44s, but I was able to get it working through a channel stacker although I don't believe it's the ideal situation. Either way, it's working fine and saves the customer however much time it would take for my company to get DPP44s.

For some reason my warehouse does not contain any DPP44s, but I was able to get it working through a channel stacker although I don't believe it's the ideal situation. Either way, it's working fine and saves the customer however much time it would take for my company to get DPP44s.
You use a DPH LNB with a 42 Switch and Channel stacking splitters, up to 8 Wallys on each output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)