dpp 33 switch

tski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
any word on when this new switch will be available? and will it cost the same as the 34 switch?

Van said:
No such monster exists.

Yes, it does. Not released yet but it was announced at the Summit.

Posted by Scott:

"Next he shows us a new DP PLUS 33 Switch. The DPP33 will look at 3 orbital locations, is non cascadable and has no power supply, this will allow for single cable installations to Dish Pro Plus receivers at much less cost over a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch.

Another new switch is shown the DP Plus 64 Switch. This switch allows for 6 orbital locations and allows you to hook up to 4 receivers."

Last edited:
Van said:
Ahhh thank you randall, with all of the hoopla over the team summit and hd lite the new switch was something I missed.

No problem Van. You can't keep up with so many threads going over the Team Summit. I coudn't, I'm just beginning to catch up.

According to the RSP I work with, the price will be pretty comparable to the DP34. So that ought to help those who have 3 dual-tuners, but don't want to deal with the assorted b.s. of having to get a DPP44.

This is the only thing I don't understand or like:

"is non cascadable and has no power supply" Why can't it be cascadable? My guess is that since it doesn't have a power supply, it doesn't have enough juice to drive 3 dual tuners and have pass through to other switches at the same time.

Well if it can run 3 dual tuners then theres no need to cascade unless your like stonecold and have more tv's than the average peson and want individual programming at each location. This could very well mean that dish is now going to the route of 6 tv lease option.

RandallA said:
Yes, it does. Not released yet but it was announced at the Summit.

Posted by Scott:

"Next he shows us a new DP PLUS 33 Switch. The DPP33 will look at 3 orbital locations, is non cascadable and has no power supply, this will allow for single cable installations to Dish Pro Plus receivers at much less cost over a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch.

Another new switch is shown the DP Plus 64 Switch. This switch allows for 6 orbital locations and allows you to hook up to 4 receivers.
"
Finally a switch for more than four locations

The DPP33 has probably existed for a while in a sense. This is probably what they have inside the DPP twin lnbf for the Dish1000 and just made it external. So this switch should work with DP lnbf's and not have to have some weird DPP lnbf to work with this switch right? I imagine that if you have one DP receiver connected then you will not need the legacy adapter for the other legacy receivers.

The only benefit this would have over a DPP twin is if someone did not need 119 and 110 both otherwise you might as well use the DPP twin. They might also have this switch for those new dishes coming out in which the DPP twin will not fit on.

Months and months ago somebody (I think it was SimpleSimon) referred to the DPP Twin/DP Dual tandem as a DPP 32 switch. When I think of it in those terms, it certainly clears the mystery away with that.

Theoritcally the DPP33 SHOULD work the same way as DPP Twin, with regards to allowing a Legacy receiver connection as long as there is also a DP receiver connected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)