DPP 44 Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larsh74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and this seems like a good place to give and receive advice on installation. I have a customer that currently has a SuperDish which is receving signals from 119 and 110. The customer has a 941 (I believe) and a 322. The customer wants to upgrade his HD programming. This will be done by adding a wing dish (61.5) and by adding a 622 which will require an additional switch. The customer has a DP 34 switch. Can I use a DPP 44 as the second switch? Due to the difficulty involved with running a line, we would lke to use the existing cable with a seperator on the receiver. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The 44 switch would not be your second switch, it would be your only switch. With the 44 you could have one line running to each receiver hooked up to a seperator.

If they are using the SuperDish for locals then be aware that the locals have moved to 110.

All you really need is a Dish with a Dishpro LNBF and connect it to the 3rd imput of your DP34 and disconnect the 121 or 105 feed from the SuperDish LNBF

Claude, it sounds like he's already using all four outputs of the dp34 and wanting to add a 3rd dual-tuner receiver. If he's replacing one of the receivers instead of adding, what you said is true, otherwise he needs an additional dp34.

XXX, replacing the DP34 with a DPP44 is also a good idea as he can then run each dual tuner with a single line and separator.

To answer the original question, yes you can use the trunking outputs from the DP34 to drive three inputs on the DPP44.

Last edited:
Pepper said:
Claude, it sounds like he's already using all four outputs of the dp34 and wanting to add a 3rd dual-tuner receiver. If he's replacing one of the receivers instead of adding, what you said is true, otherwise he needs an additional dp34.

XXX, replacing the DP34 with a DPP44 is also a good idea as he can then run each dual tuner with a single line and separator.

To answer the original question, yes you can use the trunking outputs from the DP34 to drive three inputs on the DPP44.

I didn't catch the part about him having more than 4 tuners!!!!

Your right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)