Dpp 44 question

ToddG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I want to upgrade from a 942 to a 622 and my locals are on 105. I now have a superdish and no line of sight to 129 sat. If needed, will dish network install a dish 500 at 61.5 and install the dpp sw44 at no cost or will they charge me for the switch?

Thanks,
Todd

Yes I do have HD locals but if I give up my locals on dish, I will lose my guide data.

Why would they do it for free? You'll have to commit to another 18 months, I'd bet. I could be wrong but I also believe you can get up to Silver on the HD pack off the 61.5.

Guess you get your locals from either, Sioux, IA; Columbus, OH; Charleston/Huntington, WV; Dayton, OH; Clarksburg- Weston, WV; or Charlottesville, VA. It looks like the SD Locals for those cities are on both 105 and 129, but I did not see any HD Locals for those areas.

I imagine with either an upgrade to programming and/or a commitment, they will probably do it. If they are willing to give you a dish for the extra programming, they should furnish the correct switch.

But I suspect the CSR will say you need a Dish 1000 with either a DPP Twin or a DP34; so that you can get the HD programming and your SD Locals off of 129. :D I don't think they take a customers word for anything.

I'm confused. :D
You must be using a 942 for DVR and OTA-HD, and probably own it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts