DPP 44 Switch

ZoomZoom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
I recently lost all my satellite transmission. Had a tech come out and he removed the DPP 44 switch and the power inverter. I have two dishes, one is for the 110 and 119 satellite's and the other is a larger dish for the 129 satellite.There is also another dish customer on the dishes. I have a VIP 622 receiver. Would like to know if removing the DPP 44 switch and the power inverter will effect my hd signal?
Zoom Zoom

Believe me I'm NO TECHNICIAN so I can't help ya with any details but.......

When I initially had my system "upgraded" they used the DPP 44 switch and I had big problems---lost signals, etc.,etc. When I finally got somone out to resolve the problems he removed the DP 44 and rewired the way the system was installed. I also have 2 dishes, 1 for 110 & 119, the other for 129. I have a 622 and a 722 for 4 TV's, 2 HD & 2 SD which I would think would be comparable to your "other customer". System has been fine since. Hope this helps.

Yer welcome!
Ed

I recently lost all my satellite transmission. Had a tech come out and he removed the DPP 44 switch and the power inverter. I have two dishes, one is for the 110 and 119 satellite's and the other is a larger dish for the 129 satellite.There is also another dish customer on the dishes. I have a VIP 622 receiver. Would like to know if removing the DPP 44 switch and the power inverter will effect my hd signal?
Zoom Zoom

switch does not effect or amplify signal it is a combiner, they probably put in DPP twin and routed other dish in to it

The only issue would be the number of receivers. The DPP Twin can only feed 2 receivers, with either receiver being a single tuner or a dual tuner. If you wanted to add another receiver (single or dual tuner) to your account, then they will have to re-install the DPP-44 switch.

With the DPP-44 switch installed, one customer pays for the electricity being used by the power inverter. :eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)