dpp 44 switch

vin173

Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
i have dishnetwork set up with 3 receivers. one of the receiver has dpp44 switch and the other 2 receiver wire come straight from out side. my problem is when i unhook the receiver with the dpp44 switch on the other 2 receiver goes out too.(mean no picture) and soon as i put receiver back to gather everything works.

now u must be wondering why i'm unhooking the receiver right? well i need to send that one for repair/replace.

any advice would helpful.

i have dishnetwork set up with 3 receivers. one of the receiver has dpp44 switch and the other 2 receiver wire come straight from out side. my problem is when i unhook the receiver with the dpp44 switch on the other 2 receiver goes out too.(mean no picture) and soon as i put receiver back to gather everything works.

now u must be wondering why i'm unhooking the receiver right? well i need to send that one for repair/replace.

any advice would helpful.

Which receiver is the power inserter hooked to? Possibly that's the answer, but I don't have one myself, so it's just a guess,

It's likely that all 3 receivers are hooked up to the dpp44. The thing is, the cabling for the unit that you want to service has the power inserter on it for the dpp44. when you unhook the receiver, it cuts the power for the switch, making the other receivers inoperable.

Just disconnecting the receiver on input 1 of a DPP44 which has a power inserter on input 1 will not kill the system.

Perhaps he has no power inserter on input 1 and then removing the receiver (which is providing full power to the switch) would kill the system. (dahenny may have alluded to this - not sure)

In that case you need to put a power inserter in the line to input 1 or it will eventually wear out the power supply of the receiver there and will leave the switch in working order if you have to unplug that receiver..

Oh yeah Jim. I forgot that some ppl run the switch with their STB. Back when I was running the dpp44, if I unplugged the inserter, all 3 of my receivers would stop functioning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)