DPP LNBS From 1000.2 on Winegard 30" dish?

dloop

Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I'm upgrading to Dish HD soon and I need to be on a single dish solution (homeowners association). I own (but not installed yet) a 1000.2 but I've heard from other knowledgeable folks that live in my area (north of Seattle) that it probably won't bring in 110, 119 and 129 satisfactory.

If I were to pick up a Winegard 30" dish, can I just mount the DPP 1000.2 LNBs on the Winegard? Do I need any special mounting adapter?

Thanks.

No

I'm upgrading to Dish HD soon and I need to be on a single dish solution (homeowners association). I own (but not installed yet) a 1000.2 but I've heard from other knowledgeable folks that live in my area (north of Seattle) that it probably won't bring in 110, 119 and 129 satisfactory.

If I were to pick up a Winegard 30" dish, can I just mount the DPP 1000.2 LNBs on the Winegard? Do I need any special mounting adapter?

Thanks.

The W30 you are talking about isn't designed to mount multi LNB's. The aperture is designed for a single focal point of a single LNB.

plus the focal length is different between a 30" dish and a D1000 so you would get worse reception

but as for the single dish solution, the HOA can shove it. As long as the dishes are under a meter and on your EXCLUSIVE area you can put as many as you want. My HOA tried that single dish bs thing. I have 5 dishes (one on the roof and 4 on the deck) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)