DPP Separator questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
Hey guys, short-time lurker, much much shorter time poster. :) At any rate, have a few questions for you DP+ gurus out there.

The retailer/service provider I contract for just VERY recently got the DPP 44 and Twins and incidently, we are just now catching up with everyone else as this great thing. Our DNS "liason" was just told by Dish that the 2 cables from the DPP separator to the X22 receiver was not to be any longer than 6 inches. What's the logic in that?

One other question, why is it that Port 1 on the DPP 44 switch will not consitently allow X22 receivers? I personally have not been able to make ANY install work using the output of Port 1. And yes, I have been using the output of the power inserter and tying it to said receiver ;)

If this thread has been covered before, then I do apologize. I was not able to find anything relating to these issues

At our shop we have a 921, 522, and a 322 all hooked up to one DP 44+ and they all work fine no problem, the 921 is on port 1. I have seen this issue before though. Just put the 119 on the 44, and put the separator in line, your 1 will read 119 odd, and 2 even or vice versa. Download it, than hook the rest of the cables back up and do the switch check again. The older versions of the 522 and 322 had some issues with this at first, the new ones do not. Never had an issue with length though? Give this a try once and let us know what happens.

I too have used jumpers from the separator to the receiver longer than 6". Mine are typically 2 feet long. I guess I was hoping to find some kind of logic as to why Dish would be telling our technicians not to exceed that length.

Upon further reading of previous threads, I'm not the only one to have experienced this problematic Port 1 situation. It almost seems safer to keep that port for single tuner receivers and power insertion only

I see NO point in being restricted to 6" jumpers - the biggest loss for a jumper is in the connectors. 6 inches or 6 feet - the difference is negligible.

I've seen posts about the Port #1 issue - I think it's more related to the power inserter than anything else.

Finally, your best bet overall is to make sure you always put 119 on input port #1. On Twins & Quads, that'll be LNB output port #1. No, there's not a lot of logic involved in that, but it seems to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)