DPP Seperator and 2x 211s...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
THose that are a bit more in the know than I...

Is it possible to use a DPP Seperator to feed 211s from a single cable off of a DPP44?

Probably not; but it would make my life quite a bit easier if that were the case.

Best,

My understanding is that the DPP separator only works with dual tuners STB's such as the 721, 942, 522, 622, etc. I read a long technical treatise on why this is so some time ago but unfortunately I forgot it promptly after being convinced.

trafter:

There are high/low signals that are used (I think) and I hope that there's a "magic setting" in the 211 that would toggle between the two.

Like I said; probably not but it's worth investigating.

Cheers,

Building on what P. said, the control codes are sent up the Sat1 input. The separator blocks the codes from Sat2, so if that Sat2 was actually a different box it would have no way to change channels because Box1 has no way to know what Box2 wants to see. When DishCOMM becomes active the boxes will be able to talk to each other but I don't recall hearing of this being part of the feature set.

John, that'll be $29.95. :D

I wouldn't say so - Dish Home Comm, it they will activate it , would allow to coordinate commands from those two 211s to one DPP splitter and up to LNBFs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)