DPP Triple LNBF 1000.2 Dish w/Duo + Joey Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BigO70

Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
Alabama
How can i setup 2 Wally's with my Duo/joey on 2 of the 3 outputs from LNBF. I have 1 Wally hooked up straight to the 3 LNBF output.Thay all work good !Can i use a splitter or multiswitch on the 3rd output so i can run both Wally's from it or is there any way to hook both to same Dish! Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks

How can i setup 2 Wally's with my Duo/joey on 2 of the 3 outputs from LNBF. I have 1 Wally hooked up straight to the 3 LNBF output.Thay all work good !Can i use a splitter or multiswitch on the 3rd output so i can run both Wally's from it or is there any way to hook both to same Dish! Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks

I'm confused by your post but if I understand correctly what you're asking then you hook up a line from one port of the LNB to a hub or tap for the Hopper Duo and the Joey. Then you connect a Wally to each of the remaining two ports on the LNB.

Reactions: NYDutch
My installer hooked port 1&2 to a Solo Node to run my Duo&Joey & hooked up the 3rd port to my Wally. I want want to add another Wally for my Camp and use it at home when not at Camp Site. What kind of hub or tap can i use to hook to just 1 of the outputs from LNBF.Thanks for your help!!

A Solo Hub (not a Node) would only need one wire from your DPP LNB ports to feed a Duo and a Joey. The other two ports could then feed the two Wallys.

DUO.JPG

Reactions: JSheridan
My installer hooked port 1&2 to a Solo Node to run my Duo&Joey & hooked up the 3rd port to my Wally. I want want to add another Wally for my Camp and use it at home when not at Camp Site. What kind of hub or tap can i use to hook to just 1 of the outputs from LNBF.Thanks for your help!!

A node is used for a Hopper 1 or a Hopper 2, not a Hopper Duo. Are you sure it's a Duo you have?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Mr Sheridan:
I ran across a Diagram with a DPP 3 output LNBF with the 3 outputs goining to 3 inputs on a Dpp44 Switch showing 1&2 Outputs from DP44 going to 2 Wally/s with the power inserter in output 1 of the first Wally and 3&4 Output going to one side of a Solo Node with the other side of the Solo Node feeding the ( Host)Hopper and (Client)Joey.Do you think a setup like this would work for me!Thanks

Mr Sheridan:
I ran across a Diagram with a DPP 3 output LNBF with the 3 outputs going to 3 inputs on a Dpp44 Switch showing 1&2 Outputs from DP44 going to 2 Wally/s with the power inserter in output 1 of the first Wally and 3&4 Output going to one side of a Solo Node with the other side of the Solo Node feeding the ( Host)Hopper and (Client)Joey.Do you think a setup like this would work for me!Thanks
No reason why it shouldn't. A Dish tech wouldn't install it, because it's not an "Authorized" install, but physically, it would work, just not a Hopper Duo or a Hopper 3, since those need a Hybrid Solo Hub

Mr Sheridan:
I ran across a Diagram with a DPP 3 output LNBF with the 3 outputs goining to 3 inputs on a Dpp44 Switch showing 1&2 Outputs from DP44 going to 2 Wally/s with the power inserter in output 1 of the first Wally and 3&4 Output going to one side of a Solo Node with the other side of the Solo Node feeding the ( Host)Hopper and (Client)Joey.Do you think a setup like this would work for me!Thanks

You don't need all that. One output of the DPP LNB is all you need for the Hopper Duo / Joey and then one for each of your two Wally's. Connect the LNB to a Hybrid Solo Hub for the Duo and the Joey and you'll be good to go.

See NYDutch 's diagram he posted above.

I got me a DPH Solo Hub today and plan to try the hookup diagram that you posted above Doe's it matter which outputs from the DPP LNBF
is hooked to the Hub!Thanks again for all the Help!

You can use any one of the three outputs.

You can use any one of the three outputs.
That is what i needed to know!Will connect tomorrow. What about the Voltage from all 3 receivers going to the LNBF.Are they isolated between all Ports.Again thanks for all the help and i will try not to bug yall any more about this Subject!

That is what i needed to know!Will connect tomorrow. What about the Voltage from all 3 receivers going to the LNBF.Are they isolated between all Ports.Again thanks for all the help and i will try not to bug yall any more about this Subject!

When receivers are connected directly to the LNBF they all operate separately on each port.

Good luck! :)

When receivers are connected directly to the LNBF they all operate separately on each port.

Good luck! :)
I Hooked up According to diagram today and everything is working Great. I installed a 2'nd Dish w/same type LNBF at camp site and all i had to do was connect Cable and power up Wally.This is exactly what i needed! Thanks again for all help[!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)