What is Locast

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
Pardon my ignorance, but what is Locast and how does it work?
Will I need antenna access to locals to use it?

I do have a Roku 4K TV.

This could be a big middle finger to Univision/Unimas.
Dish can now tell people who want Dish Latino in NY, Houston and Chicago, etc that they can access those channels on this app.

Although it still does not solve the issue for Univision Deportes

It was easy to sign up for. Currently using it on my Joey.

It is a bit buggy. Not impressed so far.

*Edit, it is working now pretty good, I just had to be patient and exit out of the first channel I watched which took a while to load up for some reason..

It was easy to sign up for. Currently using it on my Joey.

It is a bit buggy. Not impressed so far.

*Edit, it is working now pretty good, I just had to be patient.
very good app to use the app was in beta a couple months ago and was worked on for a while and not it is live for some of us to use add more DMA there are over 200 DMAs in the united states for television,

I think it has the potential to be a great app.
Hopefully in the furure subchannels will be available and other non major networks that are local. Chicago only has 14 channels available. on the app which is way less than what I was expecting..

Reactions: bluegras
It depends if you have a VPN

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
I don't have a VPN. I was thinking of using Locast like having DISH distant locals pak. Sometimes here in the St Louis area they pre-empty a prime time channel with some kind of local program or sometimes they interrupt a program with weather warning issues and updates that are no where near our area. When that happens I could use the Locast and watch the prime time show from another city. What do you think?

I signed up for it using my vpn service in Houston. It demands that you use location services on the computer (I don't know what that means on a computer). It detected my actual location, even with the vpn in use. I tried Denver also. Didn't work, says it's not available yet in my city.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I signed up for it using my vpn service in Houston. It demands that you use location services on the computer (I don't know what that means on a computer). It detected my actual location, even with the vpn in use. I tried Denver also. Didn't work, says it's not available yet in my city.
You need a smart dns

Reactions: charlesrshell
This what they told me on Twitter
"Hi Allen, thanks for the message. We would like to add as many channels as possible, however each channel that we add increases our cost, and we need to increase our funding through donations in order to make that happen."

At first you just need a VPN. Then, you need a smart dns. Lastly you pretty much admit you don't use it. You could've just skipped the first two posts and saved me some time.
I didn't admit anything...if vpn dont work..you add the smart dns....some apps read the dns info..by using a smart dns you can hide that info...im just sayin

I didn't admit anything...if vpn dont work..you add the smart dns....some apps read the dns info..by using a smart dns you can hide that info...im just sayin

Some vpns work with netflix...others dont...if your vpn works with netflix ..it will work with locast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts