DPP33 Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
I have what appears to be older single LNB's each attached to 6' and 4' dish. The 6' dish is pointed at 129 and the 4' at 119. I am updating my equipment to include a pair of VIP211k's and a VIP612 DVR. I have 1 wire running up to the antenna "farm" to each receiver. I also have available a DPP33 switch which I was told would allow me to connect the 2 sat's to 3 receivers. I was also told the I could watch one channel on the DVR and record another using the same wire I have a DPP seperator to connect the wire to the 2 inputs on the 612

I saw somewhere on this site which LNB's were supported on the DPP33 but have since been unable to locate it. Any recommendations on what kind of LNB's I need to support this setip would be great! A validation that I am on the right path would be helpful also. TIA.

Make sure your wiring is RG-6.

LNBFs
The DPP33 Switch can be used only with:
DISH Pro LNBFs
DISH Network Bandstacked FSS and DBS LNBFs.

The DPP33 Switch will not work with
DISH Pro Plus LNBFs
DPP Twin
DPP 1000.2
Non-DISH Pro (Legacy) LNBFs.

Last edited:
Thanks, no wonder a guy is confused! You can't use a DPro Plus LNBF on a switch thats marked DPro Plus! So now all I have to locate is a single DishPro LNBF for each dish and I should be good to go!
Thanks

LNBs marked DPP (DishPro Plus) have an internal switch that supports any receiver with a single cable. DPP LNBs should not be connected to an external switch as the total current draw is too much for the receiver.

Make sure your wiring is RG-6.

LNBFs
The DPP33 Switch can be used only with:
DISH Pro LNBFs
DISH Network Bandstacked FSS and DBS LNBFs.

The DPP33 Switch will not work with
DISH Pro Plus LNBFs
DPP Twin
DPP 1000.2
Non-DISH Pro (Legacy) LNBFs.

Actually you can use DP+ lnbs with the DP+33 and 44 switches if your in a pinch. It will only work if you put port 1 on the lnb to port 1 on the switch and port 2 on the lnb to port 2 on the switch and so on. It works for the DP+ twin and 1000.2 lnb. FYI - I have heard rumors that this could shorten the life of the switch or lnb.

Okay, going to replace the generic LNB's with DishPro. When I run check switch during setup what dish type should I use? I have a generic 4' and 6' dish locked on to 119 and 129 respectively.

Actually you can use DP+ lnbs with the DP+33 and 44 switches if your in a pinch. It will only work if you put port 1 on the lnb to port 1 on the switch and port 2 on the lnb to port 2 on the switch and so on. It works for the DP+ twin and 1000.2 lnb. FYI - I have heard rumors that this could shorten the life of the switch or lnb.
The switches fight with each other, reschedule if you don't have the right equipment.

You do not need to select a 'dish' on the point dish page, just do a switch test and the receiver will sort it all out...you should be good to go then,..