DPP44 Check Switch Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Viper0580

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Northern Kentucky
:confused:I have a 1000.4 dish hooked to a DPP44 switch with 4 receivers. (2) VIP622's and (2) VIP612's I have one line running from the switch to each receiver. The line is hooked to the Separator so it can go to both tuners. All of my receivers but one looks different when you go to the check switch screen. They have all done the check switch just fine but one. Here I have the pictures of what the check switch looks like on the one VIP622. Not sure why this one is differet than the others. Is it detecting the switch correctly? All of my other receivers show port 4 with an X on Satellite, Trans, and Device. This one VIP622 shows Satellite: Conn- Trans:X and Device:Feed all on port 4 for both tunners. See the PICS. Is this correct or is there a problem or does it matter?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 213
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 154
Here is what the check switch looks like on my other 3 receivers. Not sure why this one receiver VIP622 is different.???

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 191
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 161
i cant give you a actual answer to your question but i can say that i was at a customers house who had 4 722k's off a dpp 44 switch on the eastern arc dish you have and it was doing the same exact thing. the only thing i would say is since you arent really having any issues maybe just swap some ports on your 44 switch and redo the check switches and see whats happens. i have also seen that checkswitch readback when it is the receiver with the power inserter on it. is that your situation with that 622?

Since it did not ID what's on port 4, it wont affect anything, a small glitch during the check switch procedure. Conn just means it sees an LNB connection of some unknown type.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts