DPP44 Dead????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gad260

Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Just curious if this is common. I have 6 tv's hooked through a DPP44 switch. This was all installed by Dish at the time I moved in about 9 months ago. Now every time the power blinks the DPP44 switch dies. The first install was terrible left everything just hanging off the wall. Repair guy replaced DPP44 (thunderstorm) and he mounted on the wall. He also told me dish is aware of this. My question is what can I do? It takes dish a week before they can even come out to repair. I am having them send me a new DPP44. What I do know is that 1. Nobody has installed a ground to the DPP44 body. 2. Is there a surge protector that I can put on the electrical recepticle to keep this from happening. This is the 3rd or 4th time in 9 months. Thinking of going cable!! please help.

If you run a quick search on Google you will find an interesting article on wall-mounted surge protectors. Apparently, failure to adequately ground live wiring can cause continuing severe problems with cable and electronics.

Fitzie

I have mine connected to a baterry back up. You have lost 4 switches in 9 months, I lost one back in Nov 07 after a power surge(the power inserter), and I have installed many of them without problems. IMO that the problem lies on the electrical system of your house. Have an Electrician check your house main breaker board ground cable.

Go to Lowes or any other home improvement store and get an outlet tester. If the tester tells you that the outlet is anything other than good, have an electrician check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts