DPP44 & Eastern Arc Sats

They support more than 2 hoppers, but they do not lease more than 2. They have installation guidelines for the techs that do install 3+

They support more than 2 hoppers, but they do not lease more than 2. They have installation guidelines for the techs that do install 3+
When the Dish tech installed my four HWS system in February 2013 there were no instructions. I had to show him how to do it based on what I had learned from SatGuysUS. Before tech showed up he checked with his Dish training section for guidance and they had no help for him.

I had a similar experience in the call center. The one advantage I had, was I helped set up our 6 hoppers in our training room, but that was like a week before the Hopper release date, and the only real training I ever got on it(everything else was just sit back and learn). I had to go to the one employee in the whole center that was trained on how to do multiple, and he was the Senior Trainer. He knew his stuff like the back of his hand, but it was just getting to the point that Dish was allowing more than 2(early 2012 IIRC). I had to walk the tech through on the phone, and had picture diagrams that the trainer drew up on a napkin that he made off his official training guide. It is still not common, and I am not sure if Dish still uses the Hop-A-Long resource for more than 2 hoppers, and have no idea how they schedule techs that come out, so it is possible it was not one of the ones that were trained in it. Also, Dish and DTV both have a tendency to send out techs before they are ready for complicated tasks on their own. Time is money, and at both companies you are expected to learn the basics and hit the ground running, and learn on your own, while slowly being trained up. How many techs here had to learn the internet system through tricks that worked for you, not necessarily what was taught?

I had a similar experience in the call center. The one advantage I had, was I helped set up our 6 hoppers in our training room, but that was like a week before the Hopper release date, and the only real training I ever got on it(everything else was just sit back and learn). I had to go to the one employee in the whole center that was trained on how to do multiple, and he was the Senior Trainer. He knew his stuff like the back of his hand, but it was just getting to the point that Dish was allowing more than 2(early 2012 IIRC). I had to walk the tech through on the phone, and had picture diagrams that the trainer drew up on a napkin that he made off his official training guide. It is still not common, and I am not sure if Dish still uses the Hop-A-Long resource for more than 2 hoppers, and have no idea how they schedule techs that come out, so it is possible it was not one of the ones that were trained in it. Also, Dish and DTV both have a tendency to send out techs before they are ready for complicated tasks on their own. Time is money, and at both companies you are expected to learn the basics and hit the ground running, and learn on your own, while slowly being trained up. How many techs here had to learn the internet system through tricks that worked for you, not necessarily what was taught?
My tech back then was from the St Louis Dish TV office and he said the training department couldn't help him. He took pics back to the training department to help train other techs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)