DPP44 switch on the fritz

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
Well yesterday my DPP44 switch went on the fritz.

I hadn't been watching much but when I tried to watch ESPN-HD last night on th eViP211 in myu office it would not come up so I ran a check switch. Check switch said I had fewer satellites than before (only sees 119 adn mistakenly saved that info). Next I checked my other receivers.

The DP301 on port 1 of DPP44 with power inserter was fine - all SD channels available.
The ViP 211 on port 2 in my office only sees 119.
The ViP 622 in the living room has all channels available, but check switch does not see any satellites (didn't save).
The DP510 in another brdroom has no satellites seen at all.

Well, I rebooted every receiver, rebooted the switch, nothing helped.

Logged on to dish tech chat and tech ran me through the same proceedures I had just done and is sendin a tech out Dec. 26th.

Looks like the DPP44 is toast. Full service only on port 1, port 2 only sees 119 so I have no guide data but can still tune channels on 119, port 3 reports no satellites, but passes signal, and port 4 looks totally dead.

I moved the power inserter from the DP301 to the ViP622, put it on port 1 and restored full functionalty to the living room HDTV and the 301 still sees all the SD channels it saw before, so we have limited service until next Friday.

I'm on my 3rd DPP44 switch in a year. ONE BIG PIECE OF CRAP that switch is. I've been trying to get E to switch me to the eastern ark but they won't and my 722 doesn't have a new card yet. the 612 is N3

I've had this DPP44 switch since Feb of 2006, no trouble for 34 months, then bam.

You may try one thing else; it worked for me in the past:

1) Power off all receivers (unpluging is best)
2) Power off power inserter
3) Physically remove all coax connections from DPP44
4) Wait a couple of minutes
5) Reconnect all coax
6) Power up power inserter
7) Power up all receivers
8) Run check-switch on all receivers
9) Let us know if this helped/worked, please

Outdoors under the eave of the house.

After the Cowboys finish losing to the Ravens, I'll power everything down and restart them.

Well, I powered down everything and disconnected everything from the switch for about 10 minutes.

Reconnecter the power inserter, and reconnect all the receivers.

It appears that that fixed my problem, even though the Tech support person I talked to had me disconnect the power inserter and let the system set, she did not have me totally disconnect the switch from everything and that did work.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Jim Smith (Jim5506)

Well, I powered down everything and disconnected everything from the switch for about 10 minutes.

Reconnecter the power inserter, and reconnect all the receivers.

It appears that that fixed my problem, even though the Tech support person I talked to had me disconnect the power inserter and let the system set, she did not have me totally disconnect the switch from everything and that did work.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Jim Smith (Jim5506)

Glad it worked for you. And thanks for the feedback, Jim.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts