DPP44 Switch with a 1000.2 dish

tonygreggaz

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Hi. I am tying to install a DPP44 switch with my 1000.2 dish. The install is as follows. The dish on the roof, cables from the dish to a hub room, from the hub room to three receivers. I am now adding a 4th receiver so need to install the dpp44 switch. I know that the 1000.2 has a built in switch, though I was told that the dpp44 switch will overside this when I install it. Is there a way for me to install the dpp44 switch in the hub room without going on the roof and disconnecting the built in switch? I am not sure of the LNBF for wach of the three lines is direct or not. If so, how do I tell which is for which sat.

Thanks for the help, hope this makse sense.

If you are going to add the DPP44 you need 3 cables coming down from the 1000.2 to the dpp44 in your hub room. The DPP44 overides the 1000.2 switch so it needs each of the sat feeds in a seperate line (110,119,129) Thus you will need 3 lines. You may have to put the DPP44 up with the dish if that is a problem.

Hi. thanks... I do have three lines (actually 4 as I put one extra in just in case) that is coming from the dish. Will I need to do anything at the dish or can I just take the lines that are now going to each of the three receivers and put them into the DPP44 switch? thank!!

Hi. thanks... I do have three lines (actually 4 as I put one extra in just in case) that is coming from the dish. Will I need to do anything at the dish or can I just take the lines that are now going to each of the three receivers and put them into the DPP44 switch? thank!!

Nope. Nothing special. However, when you put them into the switch, and run your checkswitch, you will notice the order in which the locations show up. The system will be more reliable, if the order is 119, 110, 129. When you see what order they're in, note them, and label the leads, then put them in the proper order on the switch. Then re-run your check switch, of course.

that is great...I was worried that I needed to do something with the built in switch at the dish...and of course, the dish people were no help. When I hook up the receivers, I have three new receivers and an old PVR. should that go into a specific port on the switch. anything else I should be aware of so I do not muck this up...:) thanks again!

that is great...I was worried that I needed to do something with the built in switch at the dish...and of course, the dish people were no help. When I hook up the receivers, I have three new receivers and an old PVR. should that go into a specific port on the switch. anything else I should be aware of so I do not muck this up...:) thanks again!

Just make sure the line with the power inserter goes to port 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)