DPP44 switch

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
I will be getting my system installed on Wed 2/23. I have already got a DPP44 switch. The directions say that the receivers should be setup and software downloaded before using the DPP44. Why can't the whole system be setup....then do all the updating? Any reason? So, I guess we bypass the switch and temp hookup each receiver to do the updates, then finish the install with the DPP44. I'll be getting a 811 and 2 - 322's. I will be using DPsplitters for each 322 which can be done with the DPP44 switch. Am I close to being right? LOL

Close, but no cigar. You will NOT be using DP Splitters. You WILL be using DP Separators.

The software has to be loaded first because the receivers as shipped still have software that pre-dates DPPlus technology. A smart retailer will pre-heat the boxes at their shop, although some people think that customers will bitch about the "open box". The answer to that is to un-box the unit before they see it. It's not dishonest - as long as it really was a new unit.

Actually, I have a DPP44 and DP seperators. When Dish sent me a new 921 (With L053 software) I hooked it up and both tuners saw the odd (or even, I dont remember) transponders on 119. It took the software and then I was able to runa check switch and see everything.

So, its worth trying.

StevenD said:
So, its worth trying.

No, it is not. The 322's DO NOT have the software for DPPlus installed out of the box. If you attempt to connect through a DPP44 prior to bypassing the switch and downloading updated software, you will be in for a VERY LONG DAY!

Al

A new 921 out of the box doesnt have the software necessary for a DPP44 either, but it will see 119 if you dont perform a check switch.

We found out the hard way that the 322 needs to be updated first. We always light up the receivers here in our shop before we install with a DPP44. It doesn't take much effort to bypass a switch.

Al

al said:
We found out the hard way that the 322 needs to be updated first. We always light up the receivers here in our shop before we install with a DPP44. It doesn't take much effort to bypass a switch.

Al
Can you just take the cable straight from the dish and go to the 322 without a switch? Then update the software and finish by installing the switch?

mailman390 said:
Can you just take the cable straight from the dish and go to the 322 without a switch? Then update the software and finish by installing the switch?
What mailman said. Just use a cheap barrel connector to connect the cable from the 119 LNBF to the cable where they terminate at the DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts