DPP44 Switch

stlfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I am looking to possibly add a Dish 500+ for my 110 / 118.7 / 119 satellites and leave my Dish 1000 dedicated to the 129 satellite......In searching for the DPP44 I have seen it listed with a power inserter. Some vendors show the DPP44 switch with no mention of a power inserter. My receiver is a VIP622......Is this something that is required for the switch to function properly?? Does it automatically come with the power inserter and its just not listed......Any advice would be greatly appreciated......Thanks

It's not required but it's strongly recommended. If you don't use the power inserter, the receiver on port 1 powers the switch and the LNB. It's been discussed here that you can burn the receiver by doing this.

Please do yourself a favor and use the power inserter. I shall have them clear this up on the forthcoming Tech Forum, if the take the question.

I agree that it is required - at least for a proper/correct installation.

I believe when RandallA said "It's not required but it's strongly recommended.", that he meant that "some people have reported it to work without it, but he recommends it."

Several question relative to this...Does it matter if the power unit is located with a SD receiver? ANd if you relocate the power unit to another receiver, do you simply change that lead at the switch to the #1 position? And finally, if you do that and you get error screens when you try to power back up, do you need to go in on the set-up menu and do anything special?

I moved my power unit because I think it is interferring with my local HD OTAs, but could never get my SD receiver to come back up. I, unfortunately, moved everything back like it was before going in and do anything in the start-up menu.

Advice pls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)