How can I get the Superbowl in HD?

Scorpion.sting

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Logansport, IN
Hey Guys

I live in Logansport, Indiana, and I get my locals out of Indianapolis. They dont offer any HD locals yet. Is their any way I can watch the game (at home) in HD?
Any ideas?

Thanks

Dish should somehow make it available in HD to everyone who can't get it. Hell! It's the Superbowl.

You should be able to pick up WLFI-HD in Lafayette on channel 18.1 with even a small omni-directional antenna. You are just 28 miles from the transmitters.

I'd love to get the SuperBowl in HD. I think I can get it here if I had the antenna. I remember someone posting a link to a site that you could just enter your zip code and it would tell you what antenna to get (?) or how to aim it (?). Does anyone remember the link. I'm trying to search for it but haven't found it yet.

Thanks for your help King. Much appreciated

You are welcome. The nearest RadioShack to you is in Peru, IN. They have the 40" UHF antenna in stock, but call first. You will also need a length of coax cable to reach from the antenna to your 411.

Unless you live in a valley or have really big hills in your way you should be fine. Should even work indoors. Point the antenna towards Lafayette at 211 degrees (due south plus 30 degrees to the West). You should be able to get a decent signal. I am 20 miles from the antennas and can get HD with rabbit ears. It also depends on how much power the Lafayette stations put out.

GO COLTS!!! (I'm AFC all the way!)

So if a channel is displayed with an ".1" at the end means its an HD feed????

Not necessarily. It just means it's the first subchannel of the digital mux. Some stations still don't do HD and are just SD digital, and some others put the HD feed on another subchannel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)