DPP44 to DP34? Possible

C-Russ

Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I am wondering, I have a DPP44, I only have 1 line going down staris to the 921 with the seperator so that I can have 2 sat feeds into it. Anyhow, I would like to hook up another receiver downstairs, is it possible to put a Dp34 swicch in the mix to add that functionality? will the power from the DPP44 switch mess it up if I try? or is there some other reason it won't work?
Basically is it possible to take the DPP44 TO RECEIVER #2 with a seperator and hook it up into the TO DISH inputs of a DP34?

I drew a schamtic but they didn post anywhere NEAR the way I set it. So i edited them out.

Not possible.

The separator gives you two outputs, each of which is providing only the odd or even transponders from one satellite at any point in time. Each input to the DP34 needs to be BOTH odd and even from a single satellite.

The only way to hook a DPP44 and a DP34 is to use three of the satellite passthroughs on the DPP44 to the DP34. Receivers on the DPP44 would see 4 satellites and could use the separator. Receivers on the DP34 would see 3 satellites and could not use a separator. A DP34 cannot be hooked up to the receiver outputs of the DPP44.

Seeing you have three unused outputs from the DPP44 all you need to do is run a coax from the switch to the new receiver location. There is no easy way around this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)