Yankees on MLB Extra Innings?

uhlesses

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
If I buy the Baseball Package will I be able to pick up the Yankee games since they don't have the Yes Network? Lets go Dish, I want more HD and the Yes Network, and less Polish channels. Yankee fan in Oklahoma

Hi, welcome to satguys!

YES (lol) all yankees games that are carried by someone else besides yes will be available. if YES is the only one carrying a game, then no it wont be available.

$149 between now and April 3rd
$169 after April 3rd
Half season price at the half season mark (I think so, the other leagues do this)

uhlesses said:
If I buy the Baseball Package will I be able to pick up the Yankee games since they don't have the Yes Network? Lets go Dish, I want more HD and the Yes Network, and less Polish channels. Yankee fan in Oklahoma

Since you live out of market for the New York Yankees, provided your "Service Address" is not in New York to get the New York Local affiliates, then YES you will get all of the Yankees games regardless if the game is airing on "YES" or not.

The only Subs that can't get the Yankees on the MLB Extra Innings channel will be any and all subscribers that reside within the Yankees Local DMA when the game is airing on YES.

John

So in other words is sucks to be a Yankee fan in NY area and be a Dish Network sub. However, I still believe/hope that Dish Network can get a deal done with YES before the start of the 05 season...anyone else believe it can happen too? or am i the only one :(

JUsta clarification. But I believe that DISH will not carry games ONLY on YES. It is my understanding that each sat. provider carries only the games from the RSNs they have contracts with. So if a game is ONLY on YES no coverage. Nationals Fans will have a similar problem since at this point we dont even have an RSN much less a contract to be on DISH.

well folks, which is it? Some have said I will recieve most of the Yankees games without the Yes Network with the purchase of MLB. And some have said no. I know when I was with Dirctv I received the Yes N. and got most of the Yankee games. Don't want to buy MLB if all I will get is 40-60 Yankee games.

You will get every yankee game as long as another network besides YES is shwoing the game. So it will be pretty much all of them, I don;t know many cases where yES will be the only network covering game. Pretty much all games have road coverage.

fresco said:
So in other words is sucks to be a Yankee fan in NY area and be a Dish Network sub. However, I still believe/hope that Dish Network can get a deal done with YES before the start of the 05 season...anyone else believe it can happen too? or am i the only one :(

Yankee fans on E* have been SOL for two years and I expect it to be three. E* has offered to give them the space and 100% of the revenue generated in exchange for YES paying the uplink costs. The only condition is that they want it to be voluntary a la carte. Good ole George wants EVERYONE in the New York Area to pay him his $2+ a month, even the Mets fans and folks who could care less about Baseball and the Yankees.

Therefore, unless one side or the other caves I don't see it happening anytime soon. Charlie offered to relinquish ANY revenue generated from the channel and YES still turned him down. Things may change next year when the Devils move to YES (assuming there IS a next year for them). But I don't see movement unless cooler heads prevail. I'm more worried about next year when the new Mets channel comes online. FoxSports NY and MSG then become useless to me, and I hope Charlie has an escape clause to get out of his carriage deals if they lose their marquee teams. I haven't seen a credit on my bill yet for the NHL games not being available from ESPN, Fox Sports, or MSG yet, so I'm not holding out too much hope for that option......

Since the Yankees seem to be the only ones unwilling to "play ball" with Charlie, Extra Innings is still worth the money to me (I'm in Jersey and claimed by the Yankees...). Are there any other teams coverage that won't be available on E* this year? I know the Expos didn't have a TV contract, but I'm assuming they were able to get some broadcaster based in DC or Baltimore to pick them up. I don't know if there are any other teams either without a contract, or that refuse to sign a deal with Charlie and would not be available on the Extra Innings package.

I'm more psyched about XM. EVERY radio broadcast coast to coast to be available PLUS a 24/7 MLB news and talk channel........ Woo hoo!

I just got off the phone with a Dish Network rep, and she told me that the only people that can black out a game for would be MLB, so that in fact, us NY residents could get the MLB Extra Innings package and we would still be able to watch our Yankees games, assuming that they are being covered by ESPN 13 or whatever the channel is. But if only YES is covering it, then we're screwed, but we cant get blacked out if for example ESPN 13 and YES are covering the same game.

So the question they need to answer for us is how many Yankee games will they transmit on extra innings? Being that we're the best and most popular team, i assume a great majority of games would be covered, both home and road, right?

Does anyone know how much the extra innings package for this season will cost, for the entire season? Or how much it was last year, just so i can have an idea? Thanks

This is dead wrong. If the Yankees are playing the Red Sox, and both NESN and YES are carrying the game, NESN has been blacked out in all zip codes "claimed" by the Yankees. This has been the way it has worked the last several years and I don't see it changing. The only ones who seemed to get away with this were the superstations that never seemed to be blacked out, but now WSBK blacks out ALL live Red Sox games for those subscribers outside of the Boston Area, and KTLA and KWGN don't carry baseball anymore. You can still watch games on WTBS, but I haven't seen them black out any games, but I rarely watch the Braves telecasts.

danp207 said:
I just got off the phone with a Dish Network rep, and she told me that the only people that can black out a game for would be MLB, so that in fact, us NY residents could get the MLB Extra Innings package and we would still be able to watch our Yankees games.
As said above, that is an absolute LIE. If you live in NY, all Yankees games on EI are blacked out, because you are expected to watch the games on your local RSN (YES Network). It doesn't matter whether you get YES Network or not. Yankees games on ESPN are also blacked out, with the exception of the Sunday night game.

For what it is worth, I am told by a contact at Dish that they just started uplinking the YES Network.

However it is not available to customer yet, and also there is no guarentee it will ever be available.

But it is a good sign.

???????

Wait a minute, didn't they say that last year too. It seemed like YES was just around the corner and when the Extra Innings package was announced everyone assumed YES couldn't be far behind.

Oh well..... we'll see what happens.

I don't believe it was uplinked last year. What we saw last year was YES added to their computers systems.

I have a call into a friend who works for Yes, hopefully he can shed some light.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts