DPP44 vs. DP34

moonwolf22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I am almost ready to purchase a new 622. I've learned that I can use my existing DP34 switch by running two cables to the new 622.

Some questions;

1. Should I make sure that the two cables running to the 622 are identical in manufacturer and length? Will having two "Quad" shielded cables be better then standard RG-6?

2. Is there any benefit in using a DPP44 over the DP34 other then only having to use one cable/with separator with the DPP44? Will having a DPP44 improve signal? I plan to add another dish to receive 61.5 for HD channels, but not until it warms up a bit. (Live in Maine)

I only need three sat. feeds so having the forth one that the DPP44 provides would not be needed. Thanks.

There is no advantage to a DPP44 unless you plan to support 4 satellite locations or want to use 1 cable for your Dual Tuner Receiver.

If you can run 2 lines,and only need 3 satellites then a DP34 is fine!

Thanks for the answer reguarding the DP34. Can anyone answer my cable question?

1. Should I make sure that the two cables running to the 622 are identical in manufacturer and length? Will having two "Quad" shielded cables be better then standard RG-6?

As long as the cable indicates that it is swept to 2.3GHz or higher, it should be fine. Quad shield is typically not necessary and often has a larger minimum bend radius that makes it trickier to install.

I heartily recommend using a DPP Twin LNB for one or two receivers. They can be had for not much money and will serve up to two receivers with single cables from three orbital slots.

Line length of the individual lines to the dual tuner receiver should not matter. I have a D1000 going into 2 DP34s feeding 2 622s and a 508. The cables are all slightly different in length and I have seen no issues what so ever.