Help with OTA Guide Data Gone! (Not PBS)

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Everybody is blaming everyone else...

No Guide Data for my local ABC 25.1 (kxxv Waco, TX)

Anybody know a way to get it fixed? You call Dish and they go to educate you on PSIP Guide data which is incorrect and normally ends up in me calling them uniformed and hanging up after them being baffled when I ask them to stop blocking PSIP data if I don't pay for local channels.

Anyway to get a ticket or for someone to actually look t it?

This has nothing to do with PSIP guide data and the Dish folks should know this. The receivers do NOT use PSIP data.

Can you clarify the part about "I don't pay for local channels" ? If you don't, Dish *blocks* the guide data for OTA channels.

Now, if this just occurred, it's most likely that your local ABC made a hardware or software change. Dish can "break" this but you'd see it after a s/w update to your Dish receiver. Without knowing what receiver you've got, I don't know if it's taken an update recently. The 622/722 receivers have NOT.

This has nothing to do with PSIP guide data and the Dish folks should know this. The receivers do NOT use PSIP data.

Can you clarify the part about "I don't pay for local channels" ? If you don't, Dish *blocks* the guide data for OTA channels.

Now, if this just occurred, it's most likely that your local ABC made a hardware or software change. Dish can "break" this but you'd see it after a s/w update to your Dish receiver. Without knowing what receiver you've got, I don't know if it's taken an update recently. The 622/722 receivers have NOT.

If you don't pay for local channels but hook up a OTA antenna you will not receive OTA Guide Data. This always pisses me off because some Dish Rep always tells me its a PSIP when their is a guide issue.

I have a 622. Its been 2 weeks of no guide data for my local ABC. Couple of people I know have 622/722 boxes are also not receiving Guide data for ABC also.

Try removing and adding the station again, the 622 stores some of the channel info when the channel is initially scanned and won't update it if it changes.

I checked (briefly) over at AVS for others posting of the same problem in the Waco thread there but saw nothing mentioned. Maybe there's not a lot of Dish customers who frequent that thread.... Try calling the station, ask for engineering, and ask if they've made any changes about two weeks ago. You can sometimes get helpful people, other times you'll leave a message and never be called back. Our local FOX made a minor change involving something called TSID that caused Dish receivers to lose guide data. I guess in a round-about way, it is related in a way to PSIP. I think this TSID number is "part" of the PSIP data and Dish's receivers use it to match things up. When the station changed it without Dish knowing, info no longer matched and the guide data was gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts