Dr. Emmett Brown says........

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This time it does seem that they have a real plan, but we've heard this before. I'll be very happy if they do, but as a long time customer I'm used to them not following through.
But we've heard this before, this is a major undertaking, they have never done anything this major.
What are these major plans that D* has had that they shared with everyone , that they did not do ?

I have been keeping up on most of the D* stuff since shortly after the beginning.

I do believe that they will do this, in thier time plan, the problem is, they told everyone about this plan and NO body wants to let the plan play out. (not nobody, but you all know who you are).
Next time when major changes are to take place, D* probably will NOT share the info until right before it is to happen.

Jimbo

I do believe that they will do this, in thier time plan, the problem is, they told everyone about this plan and NO body wants to let the plan play out. (not nobody, but you all know who you are).
Next time when major changes are to take place, D* probably will NOT share the info until right before it is to happen.

Jimbo

Remember: the plans and time frame that D* have disclosed, have been deliberately vague. There is nothing that says anybody is going to have a specific number of channels, or a specific list of channels, by any specific date. 70 national-HD's by the end of 2007 is pretty vague.

I call that a strategy statement more than any kind of promise or commitment.

Remember: the plans and time frame that D* have disclosed, have been deliberately vague. There is nothing that says anybody is going to have a specific number of channels, or a specific list of channels, by any specific date. 70 national-HD's by the end of 2007 is pretty vague.

I call that a strategy statement more than any kind of promise or commitment.

When this all started, D* said that it would take 2 years till it is complete.
We are in the 2nd year now...

Jimbo

What are these major plans that D* has had that they shared with everyone , that they did not do ?

If you consider adding locals as major, the Feb date was told to just about everyone in the new group of cities to be added

Now, I am NOT complaining as I get most of mine anyway but was something they did not follow through with but have extended it to October or maybe even later.

Wasn't that explained in advance right before the announced SALE of the company? Heck once a sale process takes place any pending non-sensitive actions are likely on hold until after the completion, so no surprise. And just before that, some cities were removed while others added (bumped up) because some city's affiliates were becoming troublesome to "get agreements" in place. Its not any huge deal or major setback.

I have no idea. What I do know is I was told by numerous D* weeks if not 2 months ago on a consistent basis that Feb was the date of locals.

It has been pushed back to October.

Is it a big deal? Not at all....

Someone just asked if something major hadn't been followed through with and that is something I don't think they have followed through with AS OF YET

I am sure eventually they will and everyone will be happy :)

Well about 99% of anyone that answers those phone calls are so far removed from intimate company planning/takeover/sale of company details, that are surely told and trained to continue to answer according to their scripts UNTIL they are told what is going on and trained as to the new or updated info. These people that work phone banks/call centers are just barely employees, or better yet basic employees. They are provided just enough info to do some very limited, monotonous and specific functions; and that is the way it should be. And shouldn't deviate until officially trained. Some do try to go beyond in effort to please a caller and usually stir more confusion or mis-speak.

I think someone here is mad that they paid $22 for gas at $2.209 a gallon and didn't get 10 gallons....

Let's get this straight...

Straighter talk...

Dish 1000, Dish 500...

Cable Company ads that say dishes go out in the rain, or that satellite doesn't offer locals(even the local cable co says that and Directv offers locals in 100% of their cable coverage area) or that satellite tv goes out in the rain/cloudy day.

or directv's HD ads...

Also consider this... the cable companies add channels a lot slower when they come out.. (cough cough NFL network) whereas Directv ususally gets them either when they come out or very shortly afterwards(major channels)... SO when Directv has the capability and states they capability is there or will be there by end of 07, and the cable co. does not have or will not have that same capability they are not using trickery, they are stating a fact about their capabilities.

BTW, the only stupid error in the add is that Marty went back to 1985, where both directv and U.S. HD does not exist.

not to mention the Doc Brown in the ad was the 1955 doc brown that sent Marty back to 1985 and didn't ever travel in time. Unless the 1885 Doc Brown fed-ex'd him a second letter about Directv, then it all makes sense

Anyone else find it weird that this actor, Lloyd, looks exactly the same as he did in the early 80s when the film was made?

not to mention the Doc Brown in the ad was the 1955 doc brown that sent Marty back to 1985 and didn't ever travel in time. Unless the 1885 Doc Brown fed-ex'd him a second letter about Directv, then it all makes sense

Anyone else find it weird that this actor, Lloyd, looks exactly the same as he did in the early 80s when the film was made?

I cannot believe we are complaining about the age of the Doc on the commercial or what zime he came from ..... Must be really bored , or just like to be picky.

Jimbo

Has anyone noticed that D* changed the ad? I was watching FoxNews last night and the ad is just a little different now. I can't remember the exact wording but they have softened the WILL have to something more like possibility. I was surprised to say the least. I don't know if there are two ads or not?

Scots, someone on AVSForums says the same thing but I dont hear it...I have always thought that the AD said "will soon have..." but others say they recently added "will soon have"

I could be wrong though

Has anyone noticed that D* changed the ad? I was watching FoxNews last night and the ad is just a little different now. I can't remember the exact wording but they have softened the WILL have to something more like possibility. I was surprised to say the least. I don't know if there are two ads or not?

It's not uncommon to have more than one of the same ad running, slightly different, many times this is done to fit a 60 sec, 30 sec and a 15 sec spot.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hughes GAEBOA box

HR10-250 connection ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)