DRD430 - Still a decent unit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JKeats

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2005
I had DTV some time ago but have long since been without. I'm currently toying with the idea of switching back but have no clue any more as to the receievers available.

I have a DRD430 that I had when I had service before. Is this still a decent unit? Has something better come out that I might want to consider?

I'm talking about basic units here. I don't need any sort of Tivo type unit and am not interested in HDTV.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

If you are not interested in HD, a DVR, or any of the newer technologies, the DRD430 should serve you well. If you left DirecTV with your account in good standing, I would call DirecTV and see if you can get it activated, although you may need to be sent a new access card, they may also try to hook you up with new equipment.

A friend of mine re-activated DirecTV with no problems after being on cable for a few years, they still had his account on file.

I still have an older DRD503RBC on my account that has given me years of service.

what's the best non HDTV, non DVR unit available for D* right now? I'm not attached to RCA so if there's something better, faster, etc... i'm interested.

dtv ird

well
you will be hard pressed to find aNything out there than a d10
d10 are made you guessed it in china
the d10 is similar in design and construction to the old rca 220 , and 420re

Depending on where your locals are I would go with a sony b50 a50 or the b55 or a55
has vcr timers and IR blasters for vcr recordings, nice menus and remotes
can be had cheaply on ebay.

Otherwise any of the hughes sd hbh or hah sa are good as well

The D-10 is designed by Directv as the R-10 DVR and the H-10 High Definition receiver. The receivers are contracted out to different manufacturers, D-10 100s are made by RCA, D-10-200s are made by Samsung, D-10-300 are made by Phillips. The D-10-100s I have are made in Mexico not China Phillips or Samsung could have them made in China I don't have any of those.

Directv has changed to a concept of a BASIC receiver with the expected features of basic operation.
DVR with recording capabilities and Dolby Digital capabilities.
HDTV with processing capabilities for OTA digital and Directv HDTV signals an upgrade is to add DVR capabilities.
Your DRD 430 about 3 years old has the same basic capabilities as the D-10. Seeing you aren't interested in the upgrades you are ok with the 430 as long as they are in good operating condition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)