"Dream Team" special on NBA TV

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Did anyone see it last night? I recorded it but was able to watch the 1st 30 minutes. In those 30 minutes, MULTIPLE rumors were confirmed to me:

** SPOILER ALERT if you have not seen the first 30 minutes **

- The ONLY way to get Jordan on the team was to NOT include Isiah Thomas. The was no love lost there between the Bulls and the Pistons and there had ALWAYS been rumors that Jordan supposedly stated he would not play if Isiah or ANY Piston was on that team. But what I did not know that the stipulation was stated to Jordan BEFORE he even asked.

- There had ALWAYS rumors that the Dream Teams 1st scrimmage game, they had gotten their keisters handed to them by a bunch of college kids. Now the kids they played were future NBA stars like a couple of the Fab Five from Michigan, Grant Hill, Duke's Hurley, UNLVs Stacy Augmon and Larry Johnson...that college team could have won gold. They lost by 8, but the rumors was, that it was not even THAT close.

- Chuck Daly "threw" the game on purpose to prove a point to the "Dream Team". This was a rumor that had been throw around by the media once they media had found out that a bunch of college kids kid the Dream Team's a$$. Both Mike Krzyzewski and many of the coaching staff that day. The purpose was to SHOW the Dream Team that ANY team can be beaten at any time. ALSO, he BARELY played Michael Jordan in that scrimmage game. When they played the same team again, so after, they beat the college team by at least 60 points, though THAT score was never mentioned.

I cannot wait to see the rest!

Did anyone see it last night? I recorded it but was able to watch the 1st 30 minutes. In those 30 minutes, MULTIPLE rumors were confirmed to me:

** SPOILER ALERT if you have not seen the first 30 minutes **

- The ONLY way to get Jordan on the team was to NOT include Isiah Thomas. The was no love lost there between the Bulls and the Pistons and there had ALWAYS been rumors that Jordan supposedly stated he would not play if Isiah or ANY Piston was on that team. But what I did not know that the stipulation was stated to Jordan BEFORE he even asked.

- There had ALWAYS rumors that the Dream Teams 1st scrimmage game, they had gotten their keisters handed to them by a bunch of college kids. Now the kids they played were future NBA stars like a couple of the Fab Five from Michigan, Grant Hill, Duke's Hurley, UNLVs Stacy Augmon and Larry Johnson...that college team could have won gold. They lost by 8, but the rumors was, that it was not even THAT close.

- Chuck Daly "threw" the game on purpose to prove a point to the "Dream Team". This was a rumor that had been throw around by the media once they media had found out that a bunch of college kids kid the Dream Team's a$$. Both Mike Krzyzewski and many of the coaching staff that day. The purpose was to SHOW the Dream Team that ANY team can be beaten at any time. ALSO, he BARELY played Michael Jordan in that scrimmage game. When they played the same team again, so after, they beat the college team by at least 60 points, though THAT score was never mentioned.

I cannot wait to see the rest!

I am having my own protest to not make a point to watch it, since Isiah Thomas was not on the team. But I am sure when its being rerun and if I see its on I will catch a bit of it. Plus Malone was not a fan of Isiah either, I guess he just got tired when Isiah would always get the best of John Stockton, hence the nice elbow and some stiches Malone gave Isiah

I am having my own protest to not make a point to watch it, since Isiah Thomas was not on the team. But I am sure when its being rerun and if I see its on I will catch a bit of it. Plus Malone was not a fan of Isiah either, I guess he just got tired when Isiah would always get the best of John Stockton, hence the nice elbow and some stiches Malone gave Isiah

There is a good chance that most of that team didn't like Isiah. The bad boys were not the most popular players among the league. Jordan might have been the only one with enough power to keep him out but I bet he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Honestly I'm fine with that. I think teams in all sports are missing that rivalry and general dislike for each other now. Look at the end of almost any game in any sport now and the stars will be hugging and acting like best friends. The NBA is the worst offender. They are not alone though. Look back to when Miguel Cabrera had his first public problem due to drinking. He was out that night getting bombed with members of the White Sox during the end of the season while the two teams were neck and neck for the division.

Last edited:
Haven't watched it yet, did record it though. Have heard multiple times that many players did not want Thomas on the team, but Jordan & Pippen were the most vocal about it. The freezeout in the All-Star game, the walk off before the game was over in the EC Finals and the rumors that Isiah was incredibly jealous of Michael's fame and popularity in his hometown. The only player that had a relationship with him was Magic.

Finished watching.
What I remember about this team back in '92 still holds true today. Never will be another team like this. Even with Bird with his bad back and Magic at the end of his career.
Unlike today's all stars, this group could do it all. Defend the three, shoot the three play post defense and offense and could run the floor like deer.
Never will be another Dream Team. This was the only and original!

I really wanted to watch it but my cable system is dumb and puts NBA TV in some weird package that I don't get. :mad:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)