Droped Dish for Comcast

Trek2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I have been with Dish for 12 years. I droped them for Comcast.

I now get ESPNU in HD and my local CW in HD. I cant't think of anything I had that I don't have now.

I have been with Dish for 12 years. I droped them for Comcast.

I now get ESPNU in HD and my local CW in HD. I cant't think of anything I had that I don't have now.

How's the PQ/equipment in comparison??
And BTW, it's dropped.

Last edited:
Its very rare to see a customer drop Dish for cable. Comcast is the worst, and they are in constant price increases in almost every major city.
Having said that hope you have a good expeirence . The whole point of the formation of Dish was to give service to cable users who were getting
ripped off..and of course profit.

Congratulations, uh, I guess...?

Just for starters, Hub (in HD) CBSN (In HD) National Geographic Wild (At all) Epix 1, 2, 3, Drive in (At all) IndiePlex (In HD) Pixl (At all) MGM ( At all) USN (At all) OWN (HD) Superstations, FUEL (At all) EuroNews (At all) TVJapan free news in English, Cooking Channel (At all) DIY (In HD) Retroplex (HD) Veria (At all) RFD TV (At all) Rural TV (At all) RT (At all)
And MANY premium movie channels are in SD, where Dish has them in HD. As an example, only two HBO channels are in HD. Showtime one channel in HD.
I could go on.....
That doesn't address their sub par equipment, no OTA.....

https://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html

Last edited:
I do haveHistory 2, HUB, National Geographic Wild, IndiePlex, MGM, Cooking Channel andDIY. (all in HD). I am not sure what CBSN is? I did not have the Superstation package with and watched very little Epix and never watched drive or FUEL. Ialso have USA.

Last edited:
I do haveHistory 2, HUB, National Geographic Wild, IndiePlex, MGM, Cooking Channel andDIY. (all in HD). I am not sure what CBSN is? I did not have the Superstation package with and watched very little Epix and never watched drive or FUEL. Ialso have USA.

As you never said, left WHY???

Last edited:
I really hope it's not the price. I had Comcast for a while when I didn't have an option to mount a Dish. Their starting prices are attractive for the first year or two, then they start jacking them up quickly after that. It's amazing how much they charge for their HD DVRs (they were charging $17 a month for mine, and that was the only piece of TV equipment I had with them) as well given how sub par it is compared to other solutions especially Dish or DirecTV.

Hope it works out for you, Comcast in our area is way to expensive with all there fees and there Atari like recievers. I can only though address Comcast in my area from seeing my neighbors set up

Just for starters, Hub (in HD) CBSN (In HD) National Geographic Wild (At all) Epix 1, 2, 3, Drive in (At all) IndiePlex (In HD) Pixl (At all) MGM ( At all) USN (At all) OWN (HD) Superstations, FUEL (At all) EuroNews (At all) TVJapan free news in English, Cooking Channel (At all) DIY (In HD) Retroplex (HD) Veria (At all) RFD TV (At all) Rural TV (At all) RT (At all)
And MANY premium movie channels are in SD, where Dish has them in HD. As an example, only two HBO channels are in HD. Showtime one channel in HD.
I could go on.....

With any cable provider, Channel line ups and prices are different per Location.

Also it even states this under the line up!

This is Comcast line up in my area! 18512
https://www.comcast.com/Clu/ChannelLineUp

Last edited:
The one nice thing about cable is there usually aren't any contracts to sign. Just stick with it until the price starts to increase, then call them up and tell them you are going to go back to Dish. If they don't continue your discounts, just go with Dish at their promo pricing.

I could go on.....

You could go on. But, it would only be relevant for you or others in your service area. Comcast offers different channels and different equipment, depending on service area. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

There ya go.

The one nice thing about cable is there usually aren't any contracts to sign. Just stick with it until the price starts to increase, then call them up and tell them you are going to go back to Dish. If they don't continue your discounts, just go with Dish at their promo pricing.
Bingo. Price goes up, switch back to Dish, or go with DirecTV, and get their intro offers.

Or, call Comcast to say you plan on switching, and they'll lower your price for another 6 months to a year. (I did that for years.)

I have been looking a Cox Cable. I can bundle my intenet, phone, and tv service in one package, which would save me money over my current Dish bill. Anybody have any experience with Cox. I looked in the Cox forum and not many posts. I do not get HBO or any premium packages, so I do not care if they are HD or not. I would get AMC, ABC Family, Chiller, Disney HD,FX, E, and NBC Sports and a few other channels that I do not get thru Dish.

Last edited:
I will be switching to Bright House as soon as all the free movie packages Dish gave me to stay expires, unless of of course Dish gives me more freebies to stay again. I have been a Dish customer for 12 years and have no loyalty any longer with the way they handle the AMC fiasco, saying it was due to poor value programming. We didn't even get new channels to replace them. At least with cable there are no contracts and when a new improved DVR is rolled out I can simply unplug the current one, take it to their local office and get the new model, with no upgrade fee or new contract to agree to.

wbrightfl said:
I will be switching to Bright House as soon as all the free movie packages Dish gave me to stay expires, unless of of course Dish gives me more freebies to stay again. I have been a Dish customer for 12 years and have no loyalty any longer with the way they handle the AMC fiasco, saying it was due to poor value programming. We didn't even get new channels to replace them. At least with cable there are no contracts and when a new improved DVR is rolled out I can simply unplug the current one, take it to their local office and get the new model, with no upgrade fee or new contract to agree to.

Improved dvr on cable....you will wait for it for the next 12 years....before losing faith & signing up with dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)