dropouts on a few channels

kmmcdonald

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
For the past few days, we have been observing intermittent blocking and audio glitches on some channels, but not all. (We are in Phoenix, AZ.) At first, I thought that they were associated with just satellite (129), but I have observed these anomalies on select channels on 129, and I think, on 119. And, it is only on some channels, not all on the same satellite. Some channels affected are MSNBC, DIY, and the local PBS cannel. Furthermore, these anomalies occur only during the evening and night. In the morning and throughout the say, everything is perfect.
We have two 722k's, and we observe the anomalies on both units on the same channels. Our dish is one with three LNB's, with two cables running from it to a network and splitters and combiners (I did not install the system myself, so I do not completely understand the wiring).
We ran the switch test, and it passed. In the setup utility, all three signals are locked and green, although 129 is at about 35, witih the others being 65-70.

Any ideas?

thanks

Keith

Your signal for 129W isn't outstanding, but it is sufficient.

That being said, the evenings-only issue suggests you may have a condensation problem with a leaky LNB. Depending on how opaque the LNB lens is, this may manifest itself as fog on the inside of the lens.

You need to pursue exactly what satellites you're having problems with so you can confirm or rule out 119W as also having the problem.

I have checked the updates for MSNBC, DIY and PBS in AZ, there are no channel issues reported for your area. Will this issue happen every day or did it just start? Is the issue happening on the other 722 in the home?
Thanks

We called Dish Technical Support, who had us run the standard tests and report results. Dish arranged for a technician, who, unsurprisingly, suggested over the phone that the LNB was likely at fault. The technician stopped by and replaced the LNB. The problem is now solved. It is worth noting that satellite 129, which had a SS of 35 with the old LNB, is now 45.

Keith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts