Drug a DSR920 home today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I stopped at the local thrift shop today and found a DSR920 for $12.99! It is a very clean unit with a remote and the numbers are good too! :D

There is not a W5 tile in there, is it still possible to add it?

What serial digit is the year of manufacture on a 920?

A BUDdy of mine beat me to a 2005 model 922 (no remote) last year for the same price! So now every time I drive by I stop in! ;)

Wow nice deal. You can map in X4 but not W5 until map master is up. I would first change the battery in it since its got to be over 10 years old. I think its the 7th digit in the SN.

That is a good deal! I paid $50 for my 920 a couple years ago. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Wow nice deal. You can map in X4 but not W5 until map master is up. I would first change the battery in it since its got to be over 10 years old. I think its the 7th digit in the SN.

Thanks!

I was checking it out further and found the W5 tile in the add satellites so I should be okay!

I also saw that there are 5457 channels on the system status screen.

My 922 does not show that many... so...uh...??? :confused:

It's got maps from before there was a clean up a few years back I bet. See if C3 620 and 803 are in there. If so its been off line for quite sometime. The only problem with more than 5000 channels is many won't convert to 4160.

i got mine for free. all i had to pay was shipping. but i want to know why you drugged it to bring it home?

Great deal! I saw a brand new in the box DSR-922 receiver on EBay last week that had a starting bid of $50 with only an hour to go and nobody was bidding.

Great deal! I saw a brand new in the box DSR-922 receiver on EBay last week that had a starting bid of $50 with only an hour to go and nobody was bidding.

Yep! Saw it!

She ended up selling at $102.51 plus $30 shipping.

About a month ago there was a 2008(???) model (according to the 7th digit) with box that went for $60 plus $18 shipping. I went to slam a bid in at the end but got there too late. Missed it by 1 minute! That must of been one of the last ones made!

It's got maps from before there was a clean up a few years back I bet. See if C3 620 and 803 are in there. If so its been off line for quite sometime. The only problem with more than 5000 channels is many won't convert to 4160.

No it skips over C3 620 and 803!

If the conversion does not take, the maps are not lost - right???

I think that the 7th digit in the serial number for manufacture date applies to the 922 not the 920.

Last edited:
As long as you don't do a MR you will not loose maps. A soft boot will restore the previous 4096 EMM. Some IRD's convert some don't over 5000. So it's pot luck.

tvropro said:
As long as you don't do a MR you will not loose maps. A soft boot will restore the previous 4096 EMM. Some IRD's convert some don't over 5000. So it's pot luck.

My 920 has over 5000 showing on some sats and under 5000 on others. Not sure why the count changes. It's unconverted- I sub with my 410.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts