DS 301receiver question (Antique)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have a DS301 receiver (bought it over 16 years ago) from my motor home. I have not wanted Subscription TV for at least 10 years - too busy. But I saw channel 265 is FP. I can not seem to get that channel on this receiver. Rather than spending hours chasing a dead receiver etc., is this too old? When I try to use it , the search says no signal on transponder 15 .. TIA POP

First of all glad to see you back on the forum!! :)

Yes, that receiver was phased out and they will no longer activate.

Reactions: rv1pop
Thank you. does that mean it will not recognize new channels? I did not have too much time to adjust anything and also figured with the report of no signal that the LNBF might be too outdated, also. It is a single output LNBF. Not sure if the receiver switches it or not. It appears the signal is 8psk = is that something my Geosat should get? If not, I probably will not try too much as I see the source is on 99W C-band. I have A 1M primestar and one of Brian's offset C-band LNBFs I can try.

I still can not make forum search work, and I have no idea how to thread a forum again... Been 2 years, This old boy is not learning new tricks though. I will try to use again... I am finally getting the walls up on our home. I have gotten a metal roof on the cabins, but until the house walls are done, little to no insulation. Motor home got cld again last winter and is now 95 or so inside.

Right it will not get the new stuff.

On the search it is not like it was two years ago. A few months ago Scott did a major upgrade to it. Now search actually works and works extremely well. :)
Give it another go when you get a chance.

Just click in the search box to begin your search and then enter your criteria.
Also once you type in your search criteria and select or deselect any of the check boxes, click on search button at the bottom of the drop down.
If you click the magnifying glass, it will not work.

Reactions: rv1pop
Right it will not get the new stuff.

On the search it is not like it was two years ago. A few months ago Scott did a major upgrade to it. Now search actually works and works extremely well. :)
Give it another go when you get a chance.

Just click in the search box to begin your search and then enter your criteria.
Also once you type in your search criteria and select or deselect any of the check boxes, click on search button at the bottom of the drop down.
If you click the magnifying glass, it will not work.
OK -- I think I was hitting the glass. I will try again. I used to be able to browse the whole forum. Now I can not do that and with my high speed connection that makes about 6 minutes to do the right stuff to bring up the next thread

Thank you. does that mean it will not recognize new channels? I did not have too much time to adjust anything and also figured with the report of no signal that the LNBF might be too outdated, also. It is a single output LNBF. Not sure if the receiver switches it or not. It appears the signal is 8psk = is that something my Geosat should get? If not, I probably will not try too much as I see the source is on 99W C-band. I have A 1M primestar and one of Brian's offset C-band LNBFs I can try.

I still can not make forum search work, and I have no idea how to thread a forum again... Been 2 years, This old boy is not learning new tricks though. I will try to use again... I am finally getting the walls up on our home. I have gotten a metal roof on the cabins, but until the house walls are done, little to no insulation. Motor home got cld again last winter and is now 95 or so inside.
If you are on eastern arc you need a mpeg 4 receiver..not sure about western arc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)