Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yober

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
I have dish DS-4062 which is 24"(W)x26"(H) with
Dual Standard 0.5db Linear LNBF like this one
http://www.dvbmart.com/index.php?ma...3&products_id=3
I am trying to catch the Echostar 9 (121 bird), but so far no luck.
I am in Vanciuver BC area , so my Latitude is 49.223 ° N and Longitude 123.012° W, based on this coordinates Satellite calculator shows me Elevtion 33.51 and Azimuth 177.34
After pointing the dish accordingly my FTA ViewSat Extreme shows good signal but from Nimiq 1,3 (91). No mater where I swivel the dish it shows me the same strength of signal from the same Nimiq 1,3.
I have another 20”x 24”dish with 2 standard circular LNBFs which is pointed at BEV , signal is good from Nimiq 1,3 (91).
I’ve checked the DiSEqC switch configuration on FTA and all looks correct, i.e. the port setting for LNBF for 121 bird is matching to the actual port connection on the switch.
Please advise what am I doing wrong?
:confused:

According to Ice's info these are the sats available with a smaller (18" probably 24" as far north as you are) dish... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34131

91 is a DBS sat and available with a smaller DBS dish, 121 will require a 30" (80cm) or larger dish according to your location.

Consistent signal level everywhere is more than likely background noise for your location.

mike

Your probably going to need at least a 30" dish if not a 36" dish since you are in canada to get a reliable signal. The 121 Satellite is a low powered FSS satellite like the satellites they use for FTA. There are very hard to lock in on unlike the DBS satellite like what BEV uses at 82 and 91 degrees. If you don't have a meter then you are more than likely going to have a very hard time getting a signal.

There is also NO FTA on 121w....

Exactly what channels are you hoping to get ?

Pete
From the Echostar 9 (121 bird) I am interested to catch channels 905, 738,739,740,741.
I called today to a satellite installer, he have the sat finder gadget, so for $40 he promissed me to catch it. We'll see in 2 hours how it will go.:(

Thats what I was waiting for, why did you not just say that to start with!

NO HACK TALK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)