Status
Please reply by conversation.

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
After contemplating it for awhile, I finally did it. It took an hour and that's with a couple of beers :eek: No biggie! The cool thing is that my unit ID is the same as when I started.

Awesome!

What did you get for a battery? I went looking and couldn't find a 3/4 AA battery. I found some others that looked like they'd work though. One was labeled as a PC BIOS battery that was the right voltage etc. It cost a little more but it included a plasic box that the battery was enclosed in. It had wires coming off to a std mothingboard press-on-pins connector. I could easily cut that off and solder the leads to the ones on the old battery before cutting it free.

I think if/when I do it I'm going to find a way to make it so it's easier to swap. I might even figure out some kind of battery holder on the rear panel.

I used a 3.6 volt lithium battery from Radio Shack rated at a hefty 2.1 ah! The stock # is 230-0037 and it runs $11.00 and some change. It's a AA size and I just used two AA battery holders, one for the new battery and one for the replacement when it's time.

Yep...easy!

rayydio said:
I used a 3.6 volt lithium battery from Radio Shack rated at a hefty 2.1 ah! The stock # is 230-0037 and it runs $11.00 and some change. It's a AA size and I just used two AA battery holders, one for the new battery and one for the replacement when it's time.

I left mine plugged in and since I was only on the low voltage side (taking proper precautions) I went for a direct replacement the same as the OEM that was in the 920 (yellow Panasonic)

When I did the replacement on the VCII, I used the Radio Shack Holder + 3.6V lithium Tadrian AA (also from radio Shack) to hold the VCII ID...all is well and I am pleased yours is too!!:)

Jeff

Billion Here

Glad it worked out for you. I have 2 old vcrs modules that i need to do a lithium battery upgrade on they still check ok but better safe than sorry, its time to do
the upgrade.:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)