HELP!!! Titanium ASC1 Change Position when I'm using my Vu+ zero 4k remote control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Melvinfta

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
Miami
I have an issue, some times when I'm changing channel on my Vu+ Zero 4K the ASC1 receive the command and change of satellite location I also have and old Pansat receiver that I use for testing and it happens the same the ASC1 receive the command and change the location, is there any setting that I can apply on the ASC1 in order to avoid this conflict?. Thanks in advance.

We need some more information. Can you post a diagram of your setup and how it's all connected. How does the ASC1 normally work? I take it that the VU+ and the Pansat are not connected to the ASC1? Or you are selecting a channel that doesn't require a satellite position move and it moves anyway? I'm confused and need someone to draw me a picture. ;)

Reactions: primestar31
Probably better discussed over in the FTA forums...

Reactions: KE4EST
We need some more information. Can you post a diagram of your setup and how it's all connected. How does the ASC1 normally work? I take it that the VU+ and the Pansat are not connected to the ASC1? Or you are selecting a channel that doesn't require a satellite position move and it moves anyway? I'm confused and need someone to draw me a picture. ;)

Thanks for your reply, the ASC1 is connected as standalone none coaxial cable is connected on the ASC1, I just used to change the satellite positions with the original remote control, the issue is when I try to change channel in the same satellite with my Vu+ remote control 2 out of 10 the ASC1 response to the commands of my VU+ remote control.
Adjustments.JPG
please see attached picture sorry by my English

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The ASC1 has a remote On/OFF switch on the front panel that is used on systems controlled by the STB on most systems to prevent identical IR commands from also controlling the ASC1.

Since your system is configured for only manual ASC1 positioning, the ASC1's Remote ON/OFF switch would disable the ASC1 RCU operation and positioning could only be controlled via the ASC1 front panel or to enable the automatic STB control via DiSEqC 1.2 commands.

In your case there may be an easy fix if you wish to keep manual ASC1 positioning with ASC1 RCU. Your VU+ STB image must use a RCU (Remote Control Unit ) key mapping for the same IR code used by the ASC1. Key mapping can be changed in Enigma2 images. One example in TNAP for the OS Mio: Menu>>> Setup>>> System>>> Expert Settings>>> Hotkey Setup.

You might instead map the Channel Up/Down key assignments to different RCU keys.

The ASC1 has a remote On/OFF switch on the front panel that is used on systems controlled by the STB on most systems to prevent identical IR commands from also controlling the ASC1.

Since your system is configured for only manual ASC1 positioning, the ASC1's Remote ON/OFF switch would disable the ASC1 RCU operation and positioning could only be controlled via the ASC1 front panel or to enable the automatic STB control via DiSEqC 1.2 commands.

In your case there may be an easy fix if you wish to keep manual ASC1 positioning with ASC1 RCU. Your VU+ STB image must use a RCU (Remote Control Unit ) key mapping for the same IR code used by the ASC1. Key mapping can be changed in Enigma2 images. One example in TNAP for the OS Mio: Menu>>> Setup>>> System>>> Expert Settings>>> Hotkey Setup.

You might instead map the Channel Up/Down key assignments to different RCU keys.

Thanks, I will try it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)