DSR-920 No Power from Tuner (works with loop thur on fta receiver)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Anyone got any ideas.

I have a dsr-920 that will only work if I keep an fta receiver on to provide power to the lnbf. I measured the voltage from f pin on dsr920 and its 0.

I guess my question is would this be the tuner or something on the board?

Thanks

If you're seeing no voltage then maybe the power feed has died, perhaps from a short or lightening strike.

You can buy LNB power inserters, I have done this in the past.

See if the ku side has power. That will tell you if the power supply is putting lnbf voltage to the tuner or not. I read some where that some component fails and you can actually jumper the ku side voltage to c band and make it work.

See if the ku side has power. That will tell you if the power supply is putting lnbf voltage to the tuner or not. I read some where that some component fails and you can actually jumper the ku side voltage to c band and make it work.

Not really it has less then a watt. Had the cover off moved with power on like an idiot it has some bite but i'm a fast fat boy.

So i wonder if its the power supply or just a bad tuner?

Need to trace back to where the power is being taken from and see if it's at the tuner input pin or not. A schematic would be nice but since none are available do some reverse engineering of the circuit. Have to do that all the time. May be a bad cap dragging down the power supply too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts