Dsr922 as dish mover, dreambox 500-s FTA RECIEVER =no signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Odinbear2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Edmeston, NY
Hi, I'm back, of course with a problem. Had a lightning strike take out my dish motor and my openbox s9 ( hooked to a DSR922 (dish mover). ( not to mention a desktop computer, dsl modem and telephone service). Soon I buy a dreambox 500-s and have been unable to receive a signal form the 10ft dish. I'm on G16 and receiving shepards (16) and disney wild feed screen on 17 . ( signal I th 80's). Had the openbox receiving the Puerto Rico mux in minutes on g-16 but goin on a week now and I can't get the db500-s to see a signal. Beginning to think the coaxial In is not working. Using an old chapperal cband lnb, ( the c/ku lnb, I removed, cause I think it also got zapped)
The menu setup seems fairly straight forward for my setup, but can anyone tell me exactly what menu choices I should be making for the sat config?

Hi, I'm back, of course with a problem. Had a lightning strike take out my dish motor and my openbox s9 ( hooked to a DSR922 (dish mover). ( not to mention a desktop computer, dsl modem and telephone service). Soon I buy a dreambox 500-s and have been unable to receive a signal form the 10ft dish. I'm on G16 and receiving shepards (16) and disney wild feed screen on 17 . ( signal I th 80's). Had the openbox receiving the Puerto Rico mux in minutes on g-16 but goin on a week now and I can't get the db500-s to see a signal. Beginning to think the coaxial In is not working. Using an old chapperal cband lnb, ( the c/ku lnb, I removed, cause I think it also got zapped)
The menu setup seems fairly straight forward for my setup, but can anyone tell me exactly what menu choices I should be making for the sat config?
Bump

i don't have this receiver but the place i would look is
under satellite configuration / setup look for LNB settings
set it for your lnb if c band only set it so the LO is 5150

i don't have this receiver but the place i would look is
under satellite configuration / setup look for LNB settings
set it for your lnb if c band only set it so the LO is 5150

Under non- standard settings are :22Khz =hi/Lo. (options are on or off) And. Voltage H/V (options for voltage are 14v, 18v. , off

Another thing I'd check is all coax connectors. One little carbon 'arc track' could be a problem with it.
Are you using the 922 to power the LNB?
The LNB most likely won't work well if powered by the FTA box if Vertical polarity is selected. It's putting out only ~13v. Many LNB's like a solid 18 to 20v (13v=V, 18v=H)
Under non- standard settings are :22Khz =hi/Lo. (options are on or off) And. Voltage H/V (options for voltage are 14v, 18v. , off

22Khz =hi/Lo wouldn't be used, or affect, operation as you don't have a 22khz sw.
LNB voltage, if possible, should be set to 18v, for H and V polarity, when powering an LNB.

Since you say you get the shepards chapel, which is the other polarity(but analog) as the PR Mux, maybe it's just a matter of hooking the servo up to the 922?
The servo can't be operated by the FTA box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts