DST update?

slug420

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
am i the only person whose DVR stopped recording shows it is scheduled to record since DST (or maybe it happened just coincidentally on that day)

all my timers are still there, but its not taping anything unless i add a new one? wtf?

I held the power button so it would reset and it re-acquired signal and downloaded new updates but still nothing works.

your thoughts?

[RANT]
you would think as long as they soak me for a stupid 5 dollar a month charge for the privilege of using the DVR I bought and paid for...they would keep it working.
[/RANT]

nice. i wonder if my directv dvr will do the same when i finally jump ship

none of mine have been missed, and everything has recorded fine this week. The only thing that didn't record was something that was scheduled at 2:00 am Sunday morning which was no big deal.

yea...guess i should change the name of this thread as it sounds like normal dish network asshattery and nothing specifically related to DST

I had a similar situation: my kid left the box on overnight and all of my timers were messed up. Got the same story from Dish: delete all timers and re-add. Put up a fuss and got to second-level support, who gave me a different story...

Something was wrong with the guide info on 129. Dish had me switch both tuners to channels on 119, force a guide download (do a check switch) and then when that's all done, do a power off reboot (i.e. pull the plug). After the box came up, it immediately rebooted itself, did another guide download when it came up the second time and then I could watch the timers start appearing in the guide as the schedule was rebuilt. Within 10 minutes everything was fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts