DTS MasterHD decoding Works on PS3 2.30

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Except bitstream.

While some sticklers will point out that the PS3 can't output Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio in bitstream format, it's definitely a non-issue. Decoding the audio at the source is actually better than having the ability to bitstream high-resolution soundtracks, since it means even people with older HDMI-capable receivers can enjoy the high quality audio. Sure, your receiver won't light up the pretty DTS-HD Master Audio logo, but who cares--you still get the same great sound.

You may also want to check out Crutchfield, Amazon and OneCall for prices on Onkyo.

I have been a customer of OneCall.com for a number of years now and have been very pleased. Recently purchased the Onkyo TX-NR905 and they were kind enough to match Crutchfield's sale price (and then a week later the sale price at Amazon.com)!

They've got in-house credit with up to 12 months no interest, offer free 3 Day FedEx shipping.

I am loving my 905 and expect to love it even more when/if Samsung makes good on the May firmware update for my 5000 (come on Samsung! Make it work! I believe in you... and in Tinkerbell... and Easter Bunny... and honest politicians...)

Hey, that's where I bought my 805 last summer for my birthday. My wife said go ahead and it just hit the market. For some reason the 805 was on sale and it had just come out so I got it for $879.00 plus tax! I thought that was a very good deal. I really do enjoy the receiver but I believe that you can buy the 605 for around $400 on the net and you will be able to hear DolbyTrueHD and DTSMaster-HD from the PS3 just fine. Another thing you get with the 805 and up is the ability to bi-amp if you have bi-amp-able speakers which I do. Really makes the tweeters and mids in the front speakers sing. You don't have to spend a $1000 on a new receiver to move on up but you might have to spend some money -- and it will be money well spent!

705 from Amazon. Less than 700 bucks. Oh, and no tax.;)

Right now an Amazon seller has the 705 for $490 + $25 shipping = $515.
Amazon is offering it for $523.65 with free shipping. These deals fluctuate almost daily, so it could change by tomorrow, but in general the prices seem to keep falling on these. I've been monitoring for the past 5 months and hope to buy soon. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)