DTV Account questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanswx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Champaign, IL
It seems a few things have changed on the DirecTV website/my account page since they updated their site. Under my programming options, it says the following:

"You are currently subscribed to a package that we no longer offer, however you can choose to retain this package if you like."

This doesn't really make any sense because I am on the Total Choice Plus package. Is this just a screwup on their end or am I getting extra services that are no longer included with the new Total Choice Plus package? Also, I got another paper bill in the mail today, even though I'm setup for automatic debit. It says to change to email only, login to the My Account page and go to view bill. I don't have anything labeled view bill. ;) I looked under the account preferences but didn't see anything regarding opting out of a paper bill. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Stan

I do not know about the view bill thing off the top of my head, did not make note of it last time I was on their site, but as for the 'we no longer offer' thing, do you have locals from out of your market, like wavered-in locals?

damaged said:
I do not know about the view bill thing off the top of my head, did not make note of it last time I was on their site, but as for the 'we no longer offer' thing, do you have locals from out of your market, like wavered-in locals?
I just have the regular locals that they offer in my area.

Stan

Is that all you have, is just TCPlus, no movie packs? no sports packs? If not, what are you paying per month for just TCPlus programming?, or just list your services that are on your bill, and the associated price of each, to this thread, and we can work it out.

I ask because if you are paying more, and you don't even know what 'extra' services you have, you may be paying too much for what you want.

Of course, it could be just an error on the site (pretty high likelyhood it is), they have been messing with their site alot as of late, if you suspect this is the case, you may want to wait some time and check the site at a later date, it may be corrected by then.

Either way, good luck, and let us know what happens, if I see no other replies have been added here that help you, I will login tonite, and see if I can find the billing answer for you, I too got an email stating I would no longer get the paper bill and if I wanted the paper bill, that I would have to do the same thing they asked of you. Login first, (duh ;)), then at the top, I think there is a 'My Account' menu, and it should be there, (going by memory here, so I maybe in error).

Ok, it's changed even since last time I was on it, I found the Billing statement, login, click on My DirecTV on the left, then a menu will fly open, click on My Account, the rest will become apparent, i.e. it says View Statement, not View Bill, still looking for the paper bill setting though.

Last edited:
I have Total Choice Plus, Locals, DVR, and 1 additional receiver. My last bill showed: $48.99 TC+, $5.99 DVR service, $4.99 Additional receiver for a total of $59.97. According to the new page, it appears TC+ is $49.99 ($1 more) and includes local channels. So maybe I'm saving $1 month over the new price scheme, I dunno. :confused:

Stan

My TCPlus is also 48.99, AND it says the SAME thing on my Programing page as yours, it is either, the package identifier is different for this new site (they may have not been able, or wanted to import and convert the old field data (our programming choice) and decided to create an 'error' (i.e. the message we see wrt having a no longer offered package) that would have us select the package, thus converting the old field data to the new...shrug, at least you know it's not just you, BTW, I have nothing extra, no DVR, nothing.

damaged said:
My TCPlus is also 48.99, AND it says the SAME thing on my Programing page as yours, it is either, the package identifier is different for this new site (they may have not been able, or wanted to import and convert the old field data (our programming choice) and decided to create an 'error' (i.e. the message we see wrt having a no longer offered package) that would have us select the package, thus converting the old field data to the new...shrug, at least you know it's not just you, BTW, I have nothing extra, no DVR, nothing.
Yeah, that sounds like the most logical explanation. Glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for the info...

Stan

stanswx said:
Yeah, that sounds like the most logical explanation. Glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for the info...

Stan

No problem, btw, I don't know about you, but I am not going to change it (unless I really want/need to change packages online, or I find out it is beneficial for me), if you decide to change it, let us know if anything changed or not, thanks.

I think that what this is, is that D* had raised the base package rates a lesser amount for current subscribers to each package than it did for new subscribers to the same package last March. So, as long as you keep what you had on March 1st, you'll pay the lower amount. If/when you change packages, you'll be charged the new rate, and you will lose the ability to go back to the lower rate if you try to revert to the original package you had-thus the reference to a package "no longer offered".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)