This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DTV customer considering switching to Dish

No. dish doesn't use a power inserter, for one thing and with qa Hopper System the Hopper is wired in a specific and direct way. You cannot just move it to any other location. The Joeys can be interchanged, but why would you want to?

Thanks for the help. We've had DTV for some years and I replicated our home system set up with a dish, power inserter and switch at our campground lot from May till Oct. I have 2 tvs in the RV and leave one box in all season and carry the other box back and forth from our home to the RV.

When we go with DishTV, I'd like to set up another dish and do the same ie. leave one Joey there permanently and carry another one back and forth. I assume the hardware for the DishTV set up is available to buy on line. We have a DishTV dish already, but would need to get an LNB and a splitter. Is there any other hardware that goes with the DishTV system? I assume the Joey would work in the camper without the Hopper. Right? Our DTV boxes pick up the signal with no problem at the RV without the DVR, which is at home. The DVR is equivalent to the Hopper in their system.

We will have DSL next year so the sling would work once we get a Firestick. But since we have 2 tvs it would be more convenient to have second dish set up at the RV site. Lmk

I just re-read this thread and it's apparent that you really need somebody with the proper tools and knowledge to get you fixed up, like a local DISH retailer if you have a good one.

From your previous post you must have a clear view to all the satellites in the particular arc that you want to aim at in order to get signal. The figures you quoted "Elevation: 31.9°, Azimuth (true): 232.8°, Azimuth (magn.): 240.7°" are for the middle of the 20 degrees of sky that you must be able to see.

If you're in North Carolina you might want to point at the eastern arc instead of the western arc, depending on which arc has your local channels. Also the eastern arc satellites are much higher in the sky from the east coast and are easier to see especially from a wooded campground.

No, Joey's won't work without being connected to a Hopper. They're just like DirecTV 'mini genies' that have to connect to a Genie. You probably have DirecTV stand alone receivers which would in some ways be similar to a DISH Wally or 211.

There are a lot of options and requirements to make things work the way you want them to so that's why you might need professional help. Good luck.

And with Dish Anywhere you can watch on smartphone or tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys